1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1970 Barricuda Bidding Expected at $3M

Discussion in 'General' started by socal, Aug 10, 2015.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Also - the same interior color as pictured. Exterior should have been bright red but got repainted more to match the interior in a darker red/maroon.

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

3. kz2zx

kz2zx zx2gsxr2zx

Mine was a 78 Chevy K-10 (that's 4WD, sorta) shortbed P/U.

Tremec 3-speed column shift. BTW, that's the LONG throwout bearing, not the short. Long story.

4. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

Absolutely love my 3-speed overdrive. Can't believe they got something so right 80 years ago.

5. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

I had 2 trucks with a 3 on the tree, a 66 Chevy C10 and a 75 Chevy 1500. My dad had a F100 that was. Used to be common as hell in pick ups.

6. Repo Man

Repo Man 50 years of Yamaha GP!!

Sweetness!!! :beer:

And I LOVE Magnum 500's! :bow:

7. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

Sold for $2.25M

8. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

My dad had a '62 Rambler with three on the tree. That was how I learned to shift on the column. (learned clutch action earlier on various cars as a parking garage attendant but that's a different story).

Then he got about a '68 used Checker with a taxi cab clutch, also 3 on the tree. I had to drive that thing in high school all thru downtown Boston traffic to work-damn it gave your left leg a workout!!

Back on topic, my next door neighbor had a sweet Barracuda. Can't remember the year, this is over 40 years ago :).

His son was a year or so younger than me. One day in our high school years he got in an argument with his folks, as kids do, jumped into the 'Cuda, banged it into gear so hard he blew up the transmission right in his driveway.

I may have looked like an idiot driving a black Checker but he had a much worse day that day :). I had nothing to do with it but even I was laying low.....

9. Repo Man

Repo Man 50 years of Yamaha GP!!

Cha - CHING!!! :p