Ram or Chevy diesel

Discussion in 'General' started by Pudge, Aug 6, 2015.

1. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

I absolutely hate their interiors. The Titan on the outside is a decent looking truck. The dash looks like they gave up 1/4 of the way in design.

2. masshole

masshole sixoneseven

The one in my link had aftermarket suspension/ lift and wheels, probably added $10k to the sticker price.
    A Laramie 3500 should and could be had for under $60K otd.

3. Skter505

Skter505 Well-Known Member

I recently traded my 14 tundra in for a 15 Ram 2500 Cummins crew cab 4x4 short bed. Loved the tundra but didn't want to deal with towing a heavy trailer with it. I got a tradesman level truck which for a bottom level truck I think is way nicer than the Chevy and ford work trucks. Paid 41k plus tax/title which is also way better than Chevy and ford. MSRP was 51. Definitely deals to be had on the Rams. Truck is awesome so far. Could have got a Laramie for 51, but didn't really want to spend 10k more for leather and a bigger radio screen. They are damn nice though. Also the mega cab has the same amount of leg room as the crew cab it's just the seats recline and have storage behind them.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2015
  4. cdog

cdog Active Member

5. masshole

masshole sixoneseven

6. masshole

masshole sixoneseven

Also the 2016 will hit the dealerships in the next month or two with the 900 lbs torque revised version

7. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Aisin = 865lb/ft torque?
    It's in it.

8. masshole

masshole sixoneseven

Says 800 torque under powertrain if you scroll down on the page:

"select transmission Horsepower: 370hp @ 2,800RPM Transmission: 6 speed automatic Variable valve control Engine liters: 6.7 Sequential multi-point fuel injection Manual-shift auto Block heater Fuel tank capacity: 31.0gal. Cylinder configuration: I-6 Recommended fuel: Diesel Engine location: front Torque: 800 lb.-ft. @ 1,600RPM Variable intake manifold Number...."

it is 385/ 865 with the Aisin and a killer price for that truck nonetheless

9. fastfreddie

Click "View All Packages and Options" right before where it says "Vehicle Comments".

10. DaveB

DaveB Just Riding Around

Or click the link to pull up the window sticker, it's there.

11. masshole

masshole sixoneseven

Yup, it has it. That's another $3K upgrade on the build sheet, someone buy this thing- it's a steal.

12. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Man, my thoughts completely, that is just disgusting. Gorgeous truck too! :mad:

13. bored&stroked

bored&stroked Disclaimer: Can't spell

Because its not broke....why WOULD a mechanic notice it if you aren't complaining about it? Thats a waste of flat rate time. I've had chevy trucks for almost 20yrs now and never noticed, still don't care now that I know.

14. bleacht

bleacht Well-Known Member

Wait, don't you drive a Chevy? :confused::D

15. fastfreddie

Why would I complain about his trucks? I don't drive those crookedly aligned cockpits. And, if they can't recognize what something looks like when it's not broke, how would they discern it being broke?

I have serious concerns about those that can't see what's clearly misaligned. There's almost no talking to them as they can't see straight. :crackup:

16. jt21

jt21 JFugginT

I'd prob pick a duramax/allison over the cummins..

17. zertrider

zertrider Waiting for snow. Or sun.

We get it, you aren't a chevy guy. But to say that you have concerns about someones abilities over not noticing a wheel 1" off center is just dumb. Had that steering been moving back and forth 1" without notice then yeah.

18. fastfreddie

No. You don't get it. I couldn't give a shit who made the thing. The issue is they've been making it that way for over a decade and a half and, what, am I the only one that notices?

Seriously, if you don't think noticing something over an inch off isn't an issue, well, I wonder who's dumb or simply not concerned.
    In my opinion, it's an engineering problem not satisfactorily solved. It makes me wonder what else they can't be bothered to figure out.

19. Or perhaps it is on purpose. I fail to believe that something like that has just been missed by hundreds of engineers over this many years. Maybe there was an ergonomic study done at some point and they found people like it.

And the funny thing is, even thought i hadnt noticed it being offcenter, i have always felt something was off when i drive other trucks. I cant seem to get comfortable no matter how/where i move the seat and steering wheel.

So maybe they do know about it, and do it on purpose.

20. Maximumjeff

Maximumjeff Well-Known Member

I've put about 55k miles on my 06 Ram 2500 crew cab long bed 4x4. Unloaded it gets 20mpg. Don't really drive it "City". Drives great. Pulls anything. I'm usually pulling my 32ft trailer with my track bikes and tire business, so... 7500lbs. Gets about 12mpg with the trailer. I do wish I had the Laramie interior.

It recently tried to kill me. The damn tie rod end came apart on me at70mph with my trailer. The steering wheel literally turned 90 degrees and the truck was still tracking straight. Trailer brakes saved us.

When I got it to the dealership they weren't surprised what had failed. It is so common they made a "jig" to hold everything together so they can pull them in.

Probably gonna go with a Chevrolet next time