1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dyno in the Northeast/NYC area

Discussion in 'Tech' started by jimfowler, Jul 10, 2015.

1. jimfowler

jimfowler Well-Known Member

Other than Markbilt, what shops know how to properly dyno tune a race bike?

- Jim

2. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

3. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Ferracci is two hours from Queens.

4. Gecko

Gecko Well-Known Member

I've used John at Dyno-Solutions a number of times ... same goes for a number of other guys in LRRS. Some guys will even travel down from the Boston area to use him. Great guy, patient and takes his time. He's right up the road from me.

http://www.dyno-solutions.com/
    465 Federal Road
    Brookfield, CT 06804
    [email protected]
    [email protected]
    203-775-7982

5. RIB333

RIB333 Well-Known Member

6. HondaGalToo

HondaGalToo Well-Known Member

Powerhouse Motorcycles in West Babylon is also excellent. They did a great job way back when with my 2001 CBR 929.

7. vdub 2.0

vdub 2.0 Well-Known Member

you also have motorcycle mall in bellville nj or oriante express in long island my friends have had great luck with Dyno Solutions in Brookfield CT also Ivans performance products in Congers NY right across the TZ bridge

8. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

I was not aware that Motorcycle Mall had a dyno and did tuning?

I know that Washington Cycle works in NJ also has a dyno but I don't believe they do custom mapping. Last I heard they just load up a generic map of the internet and run it on the dyno to show you how it ran, though that might have changed.

I thought I was happy with the work they did, until I took my bike back to Xtreme. Now I can't say anything definitely, I know there are variations from one motor to the next, but HVM custom mapped my 600, they needed to keep the bike at their shop for like 2-3 days while he "tweaked and perfected" the fuel map. It worked well enough when I got it back, better than it was for sure, but......

About a year later one of the valves let go and I had to replace the motor with a donor street bike motor that I found cheap. I wanted to get the bike re-tuned but this time I wanted to try it on Xtreme's dyno and let Tommy do it. The bike still had the same custom map that HVM made loaded in it. The red line is the baseline run before he started with the HVM map, the blue is the custom map Xtreme did. It also only took him about 2 hours while I waited and watched, not 2 days. Xtreme's dyno displays inflated numbers so I'm not looking at that, but the improvement between the two was pretty significant. Just some food for thought in my experiences.

Attached Files:

9. ///3oris

///3oris Active Member

This! John is the man...

10. vdub 2.0

vdub 2.0 Well-Known Member

I will be at dyno solutions tomorrow to get my ktm supermoto tuned!

11. elbowzfan

elbowzfan Member

WCW

Washington cycle works in Washington nj. ron and sean are top notch. they have dynoed many of my bikes over the years. they will even break in ur new bike on the dyno.