Official 2015 MotoAmerica @ Barber

Discussion in 'General' started by Hyperdyne, Jun 11, 2015.

1. lightning97

lightning97 Well-Known Member

Bernat Martinez is running the classic man in a van with a plan scenario this year. pitted close with him at VIR and it is him, his wife and a mechanic. in Spanish. He is running extremely well on tracks that he is unfamiliar with! Class Act!
    tim

2. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

I'm one of the ones guilty of not going, I messed up my dates and it was my son's birthday party which was SUPPOSED to be next weekend. Sucks because I wanted to support their effort and see my first pro US race.

3. lostinbama

lostinbama Well-Known Member

I went on Sunday and sat in the trees all day. It was packed in there, in the shade. It is a shame. I remember having trouble finding spot to sit back in 08 maybe?

4. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Exactly..... I remember actual traffic going in a few years back.... For AMA and MotoAmerica that is not the case anymore in the South.... Check out the crowds at New Jersey, Miller, Road America, ect.... Must be a much larger fan base in those area's... Road Atlanta was light too... With no one camping in the Infield.. I mean No one..the Gate was locked... . NOLA i could understand with the facilities and all but the tracks in the South with the facilities to hold people should see more numbers... Ok Off my Soapbox...

5. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Are the MotoA planners stuck with weekends that are available when they are available. I'm sure there are better times to schedule certain rounds int the deep south (Barber) and other in the far north (Road America) than others...weather-wise. It's always cold and raining up at RA and its alway balls ass hot down at Barber when they go there.

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Spec stuff and for a number of them less riding as they chase the pro stuff.

7. HMEN

HMEN Well-Known Member

Well a better job promoting the event will help, I work on a dealer here in SE GA. and we didn't have anything about the races, we get all kind of stuff for the dirt stuff but nothing for road racing, I have to tell people that it was racing at Barber. The majority of the guys I told went, we have a blast and got to see some good racing, hopefully we get some posters or something next year to promote the event.

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'm wondering if the track (well, Zoom, not the track proper) did the promotion again.

9. dickie doo

dickie doo Well-Known Member

Yeah, that one hurt, but not as bad as the high-side on Sunday. I had a lot of texts from folks on here on Sat after that crash. I appreciate everyone checking on me. Tough weekend for me for sure, but I left with some great learnings/lessons, and a smile on my face. :up:

The track wasn't as busy as it has been a few years back, but I can tell you the fans are there. The weather was brutal with the heat, but the fan walk was really busy, and the people that stopped by my pit were all asking me about my thoughts on the series and Moto America as a whole. It's awesome to see fans so interested in the sport and the success of the new leadership. I can tell you that the MA folks are doing a lot right, and working to fix the few opportunities they have.

The other great indicator for the sport is the number of KTM's competing in the new class. It's great to see the future of the sport gridded up, and providing great entertainment for everyone. The racing is a lot of fun to watch.

Remember, it took years for the old regime to get us to the point we're at, so give the new folks some time to get this rebuilt. I have total confidence that they can and will succeed.

10. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

I agree Ryan.... I think Moto America is doing it right.... We just need more people watching at the track then get it on TV again.... That KTM Race was Epic... I hope they stay around...Glad your Alright...

11. GrayGhost

GrayGhost Well-Known Member

I attend every round I can get off of work for and this time I bought extra tickets in case anyone else wanted to go. We got a few folks out there and honestly the heat wasn't as bad as in years past. It's definitely time to start advertising these events as something to go to and hang out not just for us hardcore fans to attend.

12. 418

418 Expert #59

Anybody know where we can see the full races online?

I pretty much listened in yesterday on the SBK races since MT website just doesn't work well on my end, hoping they're putting the races up on youtube, etc.

13. dickie doo

dickie doo Well-Known Member

Thanks man.

The KTM class is about as much fun to watch as the Moto3 races. Lots of amazing battles, and all the racers I know in the class are really cool.

14. drebv4

drebv4 Well-Known Member

I'm home now, job over. What inacurate information? Help me get it right, please.

15. kman0066

kman0066 Well-Known Member

On a delayed basis, they are going up at http://www.motortrendondemand.com/motorcycles/

I would except a few weeks before the Barber races appear.

16. motodog650

motodog650 pissed-off bloody wanker

Great job as usual Dreb :up: Would like to see anybody else sit up there for as long as you do over the two days and get every single thing just right...

Interviews from Barber will be on the next couple of episodes of MotoPodcast:
    Cam Beaubier
    Roger Hayden
    Sheridan Morias
    J.D. Beach
    Colin Edwards
    Jake Gagne
    Josh Hayes

17. Bryan_A

Bryan_A Well-Known Member

18. Putter

Putter Ain't too proud to beg

Dreb, I thought it was pretty cool that you included that 10 year old girl in your broadcast. :up:

19. dieterly

dieterly Well-Known Member

I thought so too, but after hearing her again on Sunday it got old really quick...

20. 12v_dub

12v_dub Well-Known Member