1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ryobi 18v tools

Discussion in 'General' started by Sean Jordan, Jun 5, 2015.

1. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

I have the older version of this set and I have used the hell out of all those tools and they are all still going strong. I mean I have really put a lot of hours on them and built a ton of stuff...this ain't no low grade average homeowner that doesn't really work hard tools. This is great stuff for the money.

(unless the newer version is not as good as the old and I have no idea)

2. AZ-MilleR

AZ-MilleR Well-Known Member

I have a bunch of them and they have all worked good. I use them at work and home and the only problem I had was one battery that went bad was battery which HD exchanged for me no problem. I have 2 drills, circular saw, orbital sander, 1/4 Impact, Sawzall, Misting Fan (Best thing ever invented for Chuckwalla in the summer), Flaslight and maybe even something else I can't remember right now.

Like mentioned before, not the best stuff ever made, but solid and works well. Perfect for home/light work use, if I was a carpenter it wouldn't be my go to device.

3. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

My 18V Ryobi drill, lawn trimmer / edger, and impact driver are all working well so far in typical homeowner use. The edger / trimmer runs the smaller battery down fairly fast, but the larger battery just lasts enough for a complete trim / edge of the house (about 40 minutes). Nothing like a 1/2 acre corner lot with sidewalks (have to edge both sides of one sidewalk) and side load garage for a lot of edging.

I started looking at the packages, but I decided to go individual tools. Most of the packages seemed to have the lower end Ryobi individual tools in them.

4. Sean Jordan

Sean Jordan Well-Known Member

Great info - thanks everyone!