1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another Shot For Danny Eslick, In MotoAmerica Superbike

Discussion in 'General' started by John29, May 11, 2015.

1. gixer1100

gixer1100 CEREAL KILLER

eslick is the kinda racer I love to watch. if he is near the top, im usually rooting for him.

2. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I'm going to be brutally honest about the current series. As things are right now, it sucks.

Before you get out your pitchforks and start writing death notes to me, let me explain. The TV coverage sucks BUT it is definitely better than what DMG had. The amount of races sucks BUT it definitely better than what DMG offered. The amount of teams and riders on the grid sucks BUT it is definitely better than what DMG had. The amount of manufactuers on the grid sucks BUT. . .

So, right now it sucks BUT it is definitely better than what DMG offered. Also, it is year one in rebuilding the series from what DMG did to it. I expect it to be much better next year. and the year after that it'll be even better.

3. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

:stupid:

It's going to take a few years and A LOT of money to get it back to a a non-suck level, but at least at this point we're moving in the right direction.

[​IMG]

4. MV Rider

MV Rider Well-Known Member

It is a lot easier and takes a lot less time to break something than to fix it. Just by having the races at Road Atlanta and VIR(will be there) we have had major improvement. It is very hard to have good racing when you(DMG) piss off the tracks where you race and the manufacturers who build the bikes you want to race with.

5. Tdub

Tdub Say what???

What pissed me off was you basically stated that whatever rider on the Yosh team you were referring too had their ride because they were affiliated with the Hayden clan...and you are still talking out your ass if you stand by that remark!

6. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

No I didn't. What I said, basically or otherwise, was that it takes more than skill to get one of the few factory rides available. Jake (let's just get it out there) is an amazing rider, and fully worthy of the job, but the thing that set him apart from other riders of similar caliber was his background and chemistry with the existing rider, Roger Hayden. To deny that wasn't a factor is stupid.

It does nothing to discredit Jake Lewis or anybody else that has one of those few good rides. It's just a statement of fact that there are additional, real world factors that figure in to the decisions.

If anything, you freaking out does more to discredit him than anything. I never even thought anything negative, but your assumption means that you did.

7. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Oh shit, you'll be waking up to a Teva shod wool sock up your ass in the morning!

8. Tdub

Tdub Say what???

What many do not realize is that the Hayden name had very little to do with Jake's rise until recently. The almighty Earl had never even seen Jake roadrace until his first RR at Daytona and the only reason he was there was because his son was.
    All this hubbub about all the Hayden help has only been recent. Until the last year or so, Jake might have made it to the Hayden compound only once or twice a year.
    Yes...Earl has helped with a connection or two, but make no mistake...Jake is where he is his today for one reason and one reason only...and that is ability to ride a fuggin motorcycle as fast as he can!!!
    It is funny how many (including family) don't show up until one is successful...Earl and the Hayden family were no where to be found until Jake made HIMSELF some one to watch! JMO

9. ped

ped Banned

plus no midohio

10. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Who deserves the yosh ride more than Lewis? Nice if they could have gotten boobietitties but they didn't.

No idea if the Haydens helped him get the ride and don't care.

11. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Well I'm assuming Jake wasn't bringing Vegas money to the table to ride with, so at least that argument isn't an issue this year, right?

12. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

I still don't get the hate on Clark for buying a ride from a team that was folding one operation and dropping to one rider anyway. Why even bring that up. The kid rides well, and his dad has cash. So what. Hell, everyone is all about the Westby and Myers teams. What is the difference between starting your own team, and keeping one going?

13. jt21

jt21 JFugginT

Nice to see Danny racing.. Well a week after the race results are done anyhow. 3rd place is up for grabs behind Hayes/beaubier (in no particular order).

14. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

Did any of you catch that Danny will be running the Springfield mile next weekend?

15. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

It wasn't meant to be hate. It was another bike on the grid that wouldn't have been there otherwise. I don't see anything wrong with that.

16. John29

John29 Road racing since 1973

Wow! So why was Earl pitching me on the kid non-stop since he was racing a Moriwaki? And when I had tried to give him a Moriwaki to ride he turned me down because another guy had offered a bike and use of an RV? I have personal knowledge thatvEarl was working deals for Jake Lewis going back to at least 2008. At the end of 2012 I was negotiating w Earl for Jake to ride for my team. The deal didn't happen but Earl was working it hard! WTF are you posting about?

17. John29

John29 Road racing since 1973

And who exactly contributed to funding the kid's WERA campaign and got the bikes for that program?

18. jeffr1ey

jeffr1ey Well-Known Member

this is getting good! :D

19. Scuba Steve

Scuba Steve Wheelchair Pimp

:Pop:;)

20. jt21

jt21 JFugginT

And the plot thickens!! (in my best British voice)