1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Grattan Thanks

Discussion in 'General' started by ekraft84, May 4, 2015.

1. skidooboy

skidooboy supermotojunkie

thinking of Eric, positive thoughts heading that way.

I want to thank the wera staff, and family that helped me through my second race weekend. eddie and joe kraft have been a great help, eric cell, jeff taylor, aaron hardiman, Canadian steve, appreciate the help, advice, and checking on me after the off, in solo 20 novice middle weight. the bike was rashed a bit but, I managed to get up, retech, and get out and run 18 out of the 20 laps and not finish last. :D

sunday, ssc was a tough race, lots of fast guys managed 9th, had fun in middleweight senior getting passed by Dean Bustle, who we loaned and ecu to so he could race and beat me. :D I managed a 2nd, good job Dean! my last race was sbkc worked my way through traffic, had a great battle with Ivan Roman for 5th, settled for 6th place but, set a new personal best in the process.

thank again, had a blast. gotta restore the bike to new now. Ski

Last edited: May 4, 2015
  2. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

Carl spent most of his time not giving a damn about the rear tire.
    [​IMG]

3. scrub

scrub New Member

Cant thank you enough Lynn and Ski for lending both Ciegi and I ECU's for our bikes.

4. Nick_OMC

Nick_OMC Will crash your bike

Cool picture Plarp. You even got me in this shot too. It's like a Where's Waldo.

5. bleacht

bleacht Well-Known Member

Any pics of the finished bike?

6. slimjim00

slimjim00 Well-Known Member

Enjoyed hanging out and riding with all my Yankee friends!

7. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

Not a great photo, but here's one.

Attached Files:

8. supercarl

supercarl AKA The Pool Boy

HAHAHA, thats an awesome picture!! Thank you very much for sharing! I'd love to see any more you took of me as well.

The breaking zone into that corner was so much fun :) the bike was backing in beautifully lol

9. bleacht

bleacht Well-Known Member

Damn, you did a lot in a short amount of time. Looks good:up:

10. A.R.K.

A.R.K. Well-Known Member

Great to see everyone! Couldn't ask for better weather this time of year.

11. galloway840

galloway840 Well-Known Member

Sorry I wasn't able to join all of you for the opening weekend, but I was out camping with the Boy Scouts so had to make the hard decision.

Very sorry to hear about Eric's crash. Hopefully he recovers soon.

See you guys sometime soon.

12. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

I'm sure Eric's crash and recovery has its own thread, so I won't elaborate here, but according to Facebook he is awake, typing, and was able to stand for a bit today.

13. KCFirebolt

KCFirebolt Large man. Little bike.

Amen. I didn't see the crash start, but I saw the tail end and dust cloud. Scared us all pretty badly. Turn 12 seems to be a razor's edge. It's all good until it isn't. My second event there, I saw Gabe Miller crash in that turn, and it was one of the strangest I'd seen.

Hell, Jeff Taylor touched the grass with his rear tire this weekend, and all of us in the tower thought it was over. I'm sure his ass ate the seat in that moment too.

On my bike, at my admittedly pathetic pace, seems like plenty of track there.

Grattan fascinates me. It is one of the best things about moving to MI, though I can't fathom running the damn thing counterclockwise. I am sure the day is coming. Love the complexity of it.

Glad Eric is okay. Oddly, he is in better shape than others who crashed this weekend.

Speedy recovery to all of the injured. Remember rule #1: Don't bump into anything.

14. Umbrella girl #1

Umbrella girl #1 Well-Known Member

Thanks for a great time at Grattan this past weekend. It was really neat
    to meet you guys and now I am able to match some faces to the people I
    talk to. I really felt bad for the people who left hurt, and I will be thinking
    about you, and hoping you get better. All of you keep up the good work
    and have a great time at Summit Point this weekend. Please be safe;) Oh
    Yeah, one more thing..... FREE WILLY!!!!!:crackup:

15. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Thought I was a speck of dust, but realized was on my monitor

16. Nick_OMC

Nick_OMC Will crash your bike

nope. the rug ahead of the bike has some crap on it. You're slipping Eddie.

17. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

As others have already stated so well, with the exception of the injuries to Eric and the others, this was a most enjoyable weekend. Jan & I had a great time.

Being a long time lower paddock hold out, it was nice having all sorts of new company down there. Even had a couple WERA blue shirt race workers, tech guys/crash truck pilot (Dean?) set up down with us. Spruced up the neighborhood!

Charles, your announcing adds a lot to the overall program. It really helps the newcomers who have family & friends along assisting for the first time. I believe you mentioned something about a link to a Dropbox of the audio files. If you don't mind sharing or PM'ing me a link I'd appreciate it.

Fun weekend, not a bad drive home until I pulled in to see we still have big ice floes in Little Traverse Bay up north here :).

Wes Swain

18. skidooboy

skidooboy supermotojunkie

does anyone else think it would be worthwhile to start a petition, or go fund me campaign to get some air fence for the 10a, 10b areas of impact, for the front straight turn?

I would be more than happy to donate funds to help protect EVERYONE that takes a lap at grattan.

has anyone heard anymore updates on Eric?

Ski

19. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

I've offered to help pay for haybales at 10a and at the pit-in/10b areas. It's not air fence, but as someone who has tumbled right to the 10a guardrail, it's better than what currently exists.

I've just text'd Sam to see if he can get a quote made up.

Last edited: May 7, 2015
  20. Smalls

Smalls 2012 Blue...

I am in on this......and I talked to Eric on tuesday.....he is hurting but in good spirits....:up: