1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any V8's on the grid

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by Outsider V6 V7, Apr 29, 2015.

1. Outsider V6 V7

Outsider V6 V7 Well-Known Member

Just checking in from China and after all of the discussion in the off season, are there any V8 bikes on the grid?

2. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

I've seen a couple. Two or three at NOLA and maybe one or two at Tally.

3. VFR#52

VFR#52 Well-Known Member

Hardly, after Dustin making a big deal about it they have less than the V7.
    then he goes and get and SV. LOL Real lonely in V7 at Nola now.
    Oh and How the hell you doing Eboz?
    Miss you sexy meat.

Steven Isenhower #52 2001 V6

4. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

I will be running one next year. My Rsv1000 is titled as a 2003 frame but it is a 2004 model.

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Have to admit I'm wondering where all of these bikes are that people were itching to race this year if I made them a class...

6. Flying998

Flying998 Well-Known Member

It was just Micah and me at Tally in Feb... Couldn't make last weekend, but I plan on NOLA and most of MidCentral rounds...

7. VFR#52

VFR#52 Well-Known Member

Mongo why did you grid V8 with the V7 guys if you want us to race up a class?
    Kind of hard to do that.

8. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

My only reason for not getting one is that my SV fell into my lap for $400. And I already had suspension for it.

9. SoCal1000

SoCal1000 Will work for tires

I'd like to see some V8 competition in WERA West. I was the only entrant in V8 HW last weekend at Auto Club Speedway.

10. VFR#52

VFR#52 Well-Known Member

LOL Didnt you have a bike that you could have raced up a class Dustin?
    You where the leading cheerleader for V8 class.
    Vintage is going away. Would be nice to help grow this class of racing.
    All vintage classes need a boost in getting more people to come out and race.
    Its fun and the people are the nicest you will ever meet. Except dustin! LOL
    Thats a joke at your expense Dustin.
    Have a great day.

11. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

I did have a bike. But when Uncle Sam wants $5000....... Well I got a $400 bike and a $3000 bike. Which one you think goes first?

12. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

I loved racing V7. I did what I wanted to do which was run up front and run the pace for V7 at Barber. But I know it does suck riding around by yourself. CMRA has a pretty good contingent of F3's right now and that's where my bike went. I love the people in Vintage but it is the same type of people in LW also. Which is what I have ridden since I started. Well Vintage and LW bikes.

This was when I first started racing at Jennings way back when. On Blackie.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Who said I want you to race up a class?

Either way, I did the race order for the safest combination I could think of. There are plenty of other classes the V7 machines can ride up to for more time and the V7 riders don't do those so that wasn't really a factor I considered.

14. Dyle

Dyle Glad its a new year!!

I really miss it!! I have this gorgeous V7 bike sitting here waiting on me to be healthy enough to ride it. I haven't even started my RC51 yet cause Im just to depressed watching the F3 sit. I have been permitted to start working out again but it wont be this season. Just sucks I tell you!! I envy all you guys. I remember back in 2003 and 2004 racing my Hurricane 600 in Css and running solo's on it and loved it. Now I would just settle for some track time without worrying over taking some one out cause I took my heart meds a half hour later than I was supposed to. Sorry I vented this on you guys. I should have done this on Facebook cry page huh? LOL

15. gpracer15

gpracer15 Built to Ride

Bench racing :crackup:

16. fullmetalF4i

fullmetalF4i C. Lee #826

I'll admit that the plan of riding someone else's ZX7 in V8HW for this season was and still is a great arrangement (if i ever take advantage of it), but even minus the bike maintenance, road racing is just out of my budget right now (especially after the stupid amount of $$$ I spent on my last motor rebuild for my dirty race bike)
    And while the idea of running the F4i out on V8MW was enticing 2 or 3 years ago when we first suggested it, the amount of prep it would need to be race worthy isn't nearly worth it.

17. pawpawrc

pawpawrc Well-Known Member

I'm gonna try to run my old 51 at RRR this month- trying to settle an insurance claim first. How many people typically show for v7/v8 hw? I'm reaaally slow but I'd like to have someone to pace with.

18. VFR#52

VFR#52 Well-Known Member

No comment mongo.

19. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

I haven't bought a bike yet.

20. kjohnson

kjohnson Axis

JT has a well-prepped R6. Rode it last weekend somewhere up north.