Bruce Jenner and the left

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Fonda Dix, Apr 27, 2015.

1. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

I have no clue what you might call it, so I just don't worry about it. Their relationship/marriage doesn't affect me one bit. I'm glad they have found someone to make them happy.

I guess if I ever find myself in that sort of situation, I'll figure it out. Until then, I'm not going to waste any time worrying about it.

Coupled = (partnered, married, etc.)

Last edited: Apr 29, 2015
  2. Rob P

Rob P Well-Known Member

You know I read through this post and started to respond several times. Every time I started to I thought about how the LGBT community likes to attack those who do not share their views. It's sort of you are with us or against us mindset. Sadly that suppresses any useful dialogue and fosters animosity. So I will end on that...

3. turtlecreek

turtlecreek Well-Known Member

Chicken.....:)

4. Rob P

Rob P Well-Known Member

I don't identify with chicken, I'm a cock!

5. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

Bonus points for you if you know what the word chicken means in the gay male community. Googling it is cheating.

6. turtlecreek

I assure you I ain't spending the time to google it, nor coming out of the closet to tell you! :D

7. turtlecreek

Well, that's just how you feel today. Tomorrow you may think you're something else and should be given plenty of room (and my tax dollars) to find yourself. :rolleyes:

8. beac83

There's a difference between argument and attack.

There is also a difference between attacking a position and attacking a person. People often confuse the two.

If I disagree with a statement you have made or a position you have taken, and make counter-arguments to that statement or position, that is not an attack on you. It is a discussion of the difference in our positions on a topic.

If I claim your position is insanity, that's an attack on the idea you have expressed, not you.

If I personally question your worth as a human being, then that is an attack on you.

See the difference?

9. Jixxer Josh

Jixxer Josh TEX The LED Guy!!

10. Rob P

Rob P Well-Known Member

So if I said that "transgender" is an entirely man made condition and therefore not worthy of special protections would that be discussion or hate?

11. beac83

by the criteria I laid out, it would be a position, which I would enjoy debating with you.

12. Rob P

Rob P Well-Known Member

Fair enough.

Sex is determined by chromosomes, you don't choose you are assigned based on the fastest swimmer. You get three flavors depending on the roll of the genetic dice; boy, girl or bit of both (intersexed having both male and female chromosomes and consequently both ovaries and testes). Your sex is determined before you even have a consciousness.

Now for the sake of argument, you decide that you really feel that you got the wrong gender, someone made a mistake and you want to be Barbie instead of Ken. I'll skip all the emotional pangs and heartache and get to the gist. You find a group of doctors willing to perform "gender reassignment". You live your year of make believe as the other sex, take your hormones and go under the knife to turn your outie into an innie. Then what? You are still Ken but in a Barbie suit. You have a fictitious vagina made from an inverted penis and fake boobs. You walk the walk and talk the talk but at the end of the day you sti have the chromosomes of a man. You can't sustain your femininity without the aid of hormone pills because you are not a woman, you are a man impersonating a woman. Does it make you happy? Great! Is it real? No, it is a fabricated illusion meant to fool you into believing something you are not.
    Here's an analogy: I wake up and decide that I relate to being a black male instead of a white male. I go to a shrink who says you know what, you ARE a black male trapped in a white man's body. I jump through some hoops, get someone to tattoo my skin brown, perm my hair and find a doc who will enlarge my penis. Am I black? I look black, swing a huge cock and talk like a black man, but am I black? No. Should I be afforded the benefits of being a minority because I think I'm black? No, because I am not. Under all that regalia I am sti the same white guy. Do I have a right to do it? Sure. Should I get entitlements because of it, my choice? Not at all.

13. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Wow.

Some 'interesting' limited life experience logic in there...

Beyond all that, where's the entitlement comment coming from?

Besides some token idjits that may feel that way, I don't see any special entitlement request from the transgenders.

Except maybe, 'Please don't beat me up'....

14. turtlecreek

Start with name calling...hallmark of liberalism
    They want medical expenses paid for as a starter.
    They want to be accepted as "the norm". Deviant behavior normalized.
    No beating up. Just call a spade a spade.

15. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

The best thing about trans is how much they piss off radical feminists. The only thing a radfem hates more than a man is a man who is trying to seize the entitlement afforded to women.

16. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

Just like minorities. They want to be "only."

17. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

Biological boys demanding the use of the girl's sanitary facilities in public buildings, for a start. Rest assured, that is just the first inch. The mile is coming. The very act of demanding specific legislation based on sexuality, or in this case clinical mental illness masquerading as such, has the potential to open the floodgates to all kinds of insanity. Where does it stop? I would like an LGBT activist to tell me where the line is. How many different sexual arrangements need special legal protection beyond that afforded to the general public?

18. Rob P

Rob P Well-Known Member

Oh please enlighten me on my limited life experience logic. Please, I'm all ears there Yoda.

19. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

You are about to get re-educated! :Poke:

20. beac83

So Rob P:

I followed your logic until the last paragraph.

Then it seems you jumped off a logic cliff and moved into some sort of rant based on an non-analogous and apparently imaginary scenario.

As to the first two paragraphs, we could pursue the history of how the medical community has dealt with intersexed babies, and what has been learned about gender diaspora by studying them. We can pursue various avenues of how the mind and body can be at odds with each other, and generally stay on-topic.