1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moto America Superstock 600

Discussion in 'General' started by ahastings, Apr 20, 2015.

1. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

The only problem is (and this may turn off some OEMs and would certainly turn off privateer teams) is that some bikes make MUCH better race bikes in bare bones SS trim while almost everything can be made good in proper SBK trim.

2. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

Now you're talking politics.

3. YamRZ350

YamRZ350 Nicorette Dependent

I know he's cheating, 'cause I'm cheating and he's beating me!

4. rhouck

rhouck wat?

Current top 10 for World Superstock 600 at least has a mix of manufacturers:
    1. T. RAZGATLIOGLU KAWASAKI 75
    2. F. CARICASULO HONDA 45
    3. M. RINALDI KAWASAKI 40
    4. N. TUULI YAMAHA 38
    5. G. DUWELZ YAMAHA 33
    6. J. PUFFE KAWASAKI 24
    7. A. TUCCI KAWASAKI 20
    8. A. FERNANDEZ HONDA 18
    9. I. MIKHALCHIK KAWASAKI 18
    10. D. STIRPE KAWASAKI 14

Looks like bone stock engines except slotted cam gears. Only thing that looks expensive is the electronics budget still isn't that cheap (~3000 euro).

Even a couple of Hondas which was the one I thought most people thought was the worst.

5. ped

ped Banned

a true stock class is good for everyone. Including my broke ass. :D

6. SWest122

SWest122 Well-Known Member

Are you going to change your safety wiring requirements to go along with MotoAmerica as well?

7. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

I tell ya what that is one thing I was gratefull for as many times as we changed Knapps wheels all weekend... :beer:

8. kman0066

kman0066 Well-Known Member

I didn't realize their rules differed on that until the end of the weekend...I safety-wired so many time for nothing!!! Sigh, live an learn.

9. socalrider

socalrider pathetic and rude

not speaking for Wera but his rules are kinda the standard in club racing, most other clubs adopt wera wiring rules. i think its a good thing and should remain, because club racers dont check their shit as often as pro teams with paid mechanics etc.

just my .02

10. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Mechanics get Paid at the track?:crackup:

11. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

I love the idea of a stock class, and it seems that's where the rules are headed. I just *wish* more brands would be represented. MA SS from Road A, out of 30 bikes 22 were Yamaha R6s.

It's the manufacturer's fault, really. If they came out with contingency and race kits readily available more people would dive in!

On another note, I do like the TV programming. Sure it's not perfect, I wish they showed more racing and less drone shots, and more running order than the top 3. But it's miles better than we've had in the last few years. One step at a time. Hopefully the next step would be to show the Superbike race in it's entirety and highlights of the support classes.....

12. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

I've heard that before lol So true so true lol

I thought the same thing about the Hondas. I hope they come out with a new one soon. I hope its bad fucking ass too when they do. They have the technology.

13. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

Man you just came and hung out in our pits last year. Had I known, I'd have tossed you a wrench!

:D

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

No. None of our wiring would make you illegal for another organization. There is also the point where I am still writing rules for people from total beginner to full on professional and have to do certain things more for the beginner.

Long term less motor work will actually be better for the beginners too.

15. SBKBee

SBKBee Owner: FZ hotel

I always snickered at how Duhamel, while leading an AMA Superbike race had his shifter linkage fall off, something that has always been wired on a bike I prepared. He would have given HD their first VR1000 win and probably saved the program.

16. SWest122

SWest122 Well-Known Member

Gotcha :beer:

17. Tdub

Tdub Say what???

:crackup::crackup::crackup: Beer and cigs!!!

18. dickie doo

dickie doo Well-Known Member

:up: I actually wish MA would have the same level of requirements that WERA does on safety wire. The whole argument that pro teams don't need the same rules because they're "pro" and don't make mistakes is just stupid.

I also agree that less motor work is better for beginners... lowers the barriers to be competitive.

19. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

:beer::beer: Shakey Shakey!!!

20. Cam Morehead

Cam Morehead Husband, Dad, Racer

You forgot about the luxurious sleeping arrangements..... a few towels to cover up with in the trailer..... by the motorycle... ha ha ha