Termas de Río Hondo, Argentina | MotoGP 2015 (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'General' started by The Great One, Apr 16, 2015.

1. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

A four second lead and only ONE racer could catch Marquez (from what? 8th?). Nobody else. Just one guy. Valentino. If that ain't getting schooled I dunno what is. I didnt see anybody else up there at the end.

2. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

22 caught and passed him. Even Melandri.

3. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

Only US true Suzuki fans can see logic buddy:clap:

4. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

Marquez lost his head. Rossi broke him. I would say the same if it happened the other way around.

And Hayden schooled Rossi, and every other rider on the grid in '06. That's why he has the trophy. Why is that so hard for some people to understand?

Wins and Championships don't have fine print and asterisks. Your interpretation of the results is pretty irrelevant. The results are what matters, not how you feel about them.

5. MH, we did it!:D

Wow, Rossi really pulled a nice trick on us over the past 5 years, making us think he might really be human.

And yea, totally Marc's fault. You can be completely front to back, or completely side by side, but it's never a good idea to overlap your front tire with the other guys rear.

6. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

Apparently your idea of what schooling means is different than mine. Marquez was pushing hard and made a mistake. He was not shown something he did not know. Rossi deserved the win but it is silly to try to pump up Rossi by saying shit like "he schooled Marquez" or "Rossi broke him". It is overdramatic and really not true. Kinda like in 06. Hayden won the title but he did not "school" anyone. He put in solid rides all year and earned it the hard way. No asterisk, no interpretation, no feelings. No silly little fanboy expressions like "broken" or "schooled" either...:D
    If you want to see what a broken man looks like take a look at Lorenzo. Nothing about MM gave the impression that he was "broken".

7. Rossi didn't break Marc, but he did give him a bit of a schooling today.

8. mfbRSV

mfbRSV Well-Known Member

:beer:Marc Marquez:
    "It’s a shame what happened, because we were having a good race! It was interesting, because our tyre choice was different from Valentino’s as I felt we were not as competitive the harder compound. The strategy was working out well for us - it’s just a pity about the last two laps. When I saw that he was closing in on me, I decided to conserve the tyres a little. On the final laps I went back to riding in the low 1'39s to check that the tyres were still in good shape, and knew that we would be fighting to the end. When he caught me, we fought for a few corners and unfortunately we touched and I crashed. I've always said that he's my idol and my reference, so you always learn things from him. Now we have to think about Jerez and begin to recover points."

Last edited: Apr 19, 2015
  9. :eek::crackup:

10. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

Dude, this is the internet remember:wow:

11. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

But Marquez admits to being a "silly little fanboy". ;)

12. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

Very cool response by him to the situation eh. His IDLE/HERO TAUGHT him:rock: on MM

13. I'm not sure how you can see it any other way, really.

Lessons Marc should take from today:

1. When in doubt, at a track that is known to be hard on rear tires, go with the harder option.

2. If you do choose the wrong tire, and can still score a second place, that's great. Be happy with it.

3. Never put your front tire right beside another guys rear tire, and especially never do that in a left right or right left flip flop.

14. Awesome!:up:

So apparently Crashman, even Marc admits that he was schooled today! Looks like you're the only one!:crackup:

15. Huh? I've been saying Rossi is the GOAT for years!:Poke:

16. Linker48X

Linker48X Well-Known Member

I don't understand all these semantics.

It's not really a war unless one guy leaves on his shield. One guy did.

One guy won. One guy lost.

17. RevRacing

RevRacing Well-Known Member

So someone just said Hayden schooled the field in 06?

I quit the internets.

18. Steeltoe, what's your schedule looking like for July 12th (sachsenring)? The way the Suzukis are looking, you might want to clear your schedule for that day. You may have a lot of fapping to do around 8:45 AM eastern time. :D

19. mfbRSV

mfbRSV Well-Known Member

20. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

Yep. It happened. They gave him a trophy and everything.