1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone riding with N2 at Summit next week?

Discussion in 'General' started by Sean Jordan, Mar 26, 2015.

1. STT-Rider

STT-Rider Well-Known Member

I have been humbled by a skilled rider on a well set-up and tuned FZR 400. :up:

2. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Oh dont get me wrong.....Roger has some serious Idiots as "Coaches/CR's,etc" Too. Ive had that happen about my FZR there too,where some of his D-bags at tech,were actually ragging on my bike because my forks werent USD,its a vintage POS,etc......seriously WTF? His head coach at the time was a cool mofo,but he doesnt ride with Rogers TD's anymore,unfortunately.Therefore I dont either,unless I need a late autumn excursion before winter.Roger,himself,I like,just to set my record straight

3. britx303

Well.....of course!! Its the best bike EVER:D

4. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

did you ever get a "real" bike?:D:Poke: :p

5. britx303

Only when I blew up the 400.....I put a 600 in it:p

6. The CHAD

The CHAD Well-Known Member

this statement is correct with one exception.. That apple is no longer involved in any way!

7. Sean Jordan

Sean Jordan Well-Known Member

Who was that?

8. Dude.

Get a real bike.

:D

9. t500racer

t500racer Never Fails To Fail

Do you even know what an FZR400 is? It was produced in the previous century. :moon:

10. t500racer

I plan on riding with Roger on April 27th. I am not overly happy about it, but I really need the seat time.

My problem is that I race an FZR hybrid. As a racer I want to run with the racer group, but the bike is nowhere near as fast as modern race bikes.

Last year I ran in the Intermediate group and got caught up with some douche on a 1000RR who wanted to race me (I was on an EX500 at the time!). He would blow by me on the straights and then park in the corners. I would pass only to have him wheelie by me on the straights. He set the front down hard between 9 and 10 and damn near took us both out.

So the conundrum is whether to run Racer group as a decent racer on a slow bike or run Intermediate and deal with douchebags trying to win trackdays?

11. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Run in the Racer group, you'll be safer.

12. britx303

Kris,run in the racer group. The racers in that group typically realise what you will be on,and know how to pass safely/cleanly enough when needed to go around.Sometimes though,they combine Advanced with Racers,and its been Hairy at best. PLUS,not all of the CR's at Motorcyclexcitement are racers as advertised.They are trackday heroes with Flippin attitudes.

13. britx303

Dylan. He was always cool with me and my bike,and the only one of Rogers guys to ever help me with things out at Summit. Nuff Said:up:. Sean,will you be at NJMP at the start of May?

14. grady anderson

grady anderson Well-Known Member

I have only taken one bike with a tail light and it was taped
    No problem in tech
    Never heard of that
    I am assuming you were in the Racer group

15. grady anderson

Kris, you will have no problem in the Racer group
    I ride my Ktm single in that group with no issues
    Smaller, less crowded group as well
    You can position yourself going out last and it will be half the session before you see anybody
    I'll be there on the 27th warming up for WERA
    Look me up

16. t500racer

Sounds good. I will run the racer group. See ya there! :up:

17. grady anderson

They only combine when the racer turnout is low
    CR/coaches non issue in Racer Group

18. britx303

Damn it!! That sounds like fun,but I will be going to NJMP that following weekend,so I dont really want to dip into race funds for a trackday.It is tempting though to test out the ex500 build im finishing up,otherwise I will be testing it in a race:pBeen there,done that

19. grady anderson

You are chasing CCS points? On what bike?
    Cmon up to Summit
    With Sean and Kris there we can have our own little WERA "non race"
    Kris has a nice EX you could compare/contrast with yours
    It would be the biggest DSB grid at Summit in two years (assuming we let Sean's SV in Track Day DSB which I am OK with) :D

20. britx303

I run in Thunderbike on my FZR400/600. And Im going to run in 500 supersport on my 100 dolla ex500 Im putting together. A full or mostly full WERA regional is impossible for me with still raising 2 daughters/work/life etc. The CCS atlantic series is all within a 2 to 2 1/2 hour drive,with the exception of Carolina Motorsports Park(which is only 1 round) And im skipping that one to save the cash for my final WERA weekend at Summit.