1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discussion in 'General' started by slowzx6, Mar 24, 2015.

1. tawzx12r

tawzx12r Influencer to none

RIP Dane !!

2. migkilr

migkilr Tool

#6 and #00

Live every day like there's no tomorrow. Dane and Tommy had it figured out, and they remind me to do the same.

3. Kris87

Kris87 Friendly Smartass

Dane, thanks for all the laps we banged way back. You were the best SV racer I ever battled. I'll miss you.

My condolences to Tryg and Jane.

4. Chip

Chip Registered

Gutted. Dane was a great guy. There is a lot less good about our sport today.

5. mfbRSV

mfbRSV Well-Known Member

I like street riding less today. R.I.P. to a fine young man.

6. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

When I heard the news it was like a gut punch. RIP Dane.

7. racergary

racergary Well-Known Member

RIP Dane

Just terrible news

8. sbhockey

sbhockey Orange shirt #157

I'm completely with you about being torn over someone I never met. He really was just a down to earth guy, all be it with an amazing talent on a motorcycle.

I remember seeing this video of him cleaning a gas tank and laughing about it. Just the kind of guy he was.

https://igcdn-videos-h-8-a.akamaihd...-16/10753989_1492938100973908_991766925_n.mp4

9. Suburbanrancher

Suburbanrancher Chillzilla

Unreal.

Godspeed.

10. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

This is a shitty end to a shitty fuckin day. R.I.P Mr. Westby.

11. Rob P

Rob P Well-Known Member

I've been looking at this thread all day. I learned of Dane's death via a tweet from Cameron Beaubier. Honestly, I can't believe it. I never got a chance to meet Dane and only know him by his personality on TV. I can't help but to feel like this is a huge loss, both to the racing community and to the world in general. Godspeed Wolverine, way to young.

12. colin96

colin96 Well-Known Member

I don't know what to say other than he was a great guy, though I only met him briefly at cmra events. I was racing a motard around 04, but he was probably 15 years younger than me. That same season had Dane, Dustin Dominguez, Tyler McDonald, Dustin Meador, and Will gruye all on motard a or SV's. Not a great year for my old ass to come back and play with the kids. Anyway, all great kids that were great friends. They would carve each other up, corner after corner, with predictable results. But back in the pits would be clowning it up, just having a great time. Tryg, Danes dad usually had his trick CBX in the pits so I would go chat about that, just great people, and honestly great bike people. He became one of my favorite pro's that I rooted for.

Such a terrible loss. The sport I absolutely love can be so harsh.

RIP Dane. Endless wheelies and power slides. Godspeed Racer.

13. mtmansl

mtmansl Well-Known Member

Oh no,

So damn sad, he was one of my favorites.... Prayers sent...

14. mmfoor

mmfoor Team Stupid!

RIP Dane. I never met Dane, but I have never seen a picture of him not smiling. And to ride a street bike, love the wind in his face, and 2 wheels all the time.
    You are a soul mate Dane. Hope to see you and shake your hand some day!

15. Fuzzy317

Fuzzy317 a Crash Truck near you

16. kanatuna

kanatuna You can't polish a turd..

This is just fucking sad.... Dane was a good dude.

17. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

Glad I'm not the only one that feels this way. Never met him, but bet that he'd have been a great guy to be friends with. This is certainly the hardest a racers death has ever hit me.

RIP

18. Phl218

Phl218 .

https://www.facebook.com/events/659563110836959/

Friday, March 27
    at 3:00pm in CDT
    2 days from now · 61°F / 44°F Partly Cloudy

Fitzgerald Southwood Colonial Chapel
    3612 E 91st St, Tulsa, Oklahoma 74137

To honor Dane Westby( The Wolverine #00), this page has been started up to organize a group ride to the funeral service. Since the date is this friday March 27th, a head count of who can attend the meet up and a short ride over to the service will be required.

19. pucksdown

pucksdown WERA #9

If there is an immediate change in direction (veer) then there was an impact of some sort from the side whether vehicle or animal. There should be marks on the bike somewhere. I just hope that their local LEO knew or cared enough to investigate the accident fully. And RIP Dane.

20. John29

John29 Road racing since 1973

It could have been steering input in an effort to avoid contact. Racer Dustin Meador visited the scene and I talked to him. I quoted him in my story on Dane's death, posted on Roadracingworld.com yesterday morning. I've seen crashes before where riders brake hard and turn hard trying to avoid somebody else doing something stupid on the racetrack. I think Dustin got it right. (He also picked up the bike for the family and told me nothing was wrong with it, aside from the crash damage. So it wasn't a mechanical problem.)