1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Flat Track coming to X-Games?

Discussion in 'General' started by Steeltoe, Mar 11, 2015.

1. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

If it happens that will be crazy cool.

2. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

Link to a story or just hypothetical?

3. apexspeed

apexspeed Well-Known Member

yeah it would! not quite as cool as supermoto but much easier for them to manage and display.

X-games supermoto was some of the best racing the US has ever seen.

4. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

That's a bold statement not far off base. Was definitely some of the most enjoyable racing Ive seen. Such a shame in my opinion that supermoto popularity was so short lived in the U.S. Last year I looked to see if there was any supermoto around the southeast to go watch and sadly I couldn't find one event.

5. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Flat Track Live fbook

6. Rising

Rising Well-Known Member

Aren't they supposed to be racing Harley's new 750 entry level bikes?

7. apexspeed

apexspeed Well-Known Member

that'l work! even better IMO would be with e-bikes. flattrackin e-bikes!

the original superbikers was the best racing the US has ever seen. yeah, I said it!

problem here is that the average american has been domesticated to such an extend that their attention span is now measured in seconds and greed is beyond out of control.

I was really optimistic back when the AMA started pro supermoto but it didnt last long for whatever reasons. great while it lasted for some of us though.

I still prefer the original superbikers format and track layouts over the current supermoto stuff in europe and elsewhere. it just made more sense that way and was more of an even playing field for such a wide variety of talent.

if we could somehow regrow that superbikers spirit here again. sure could use it right about now.

8. Tdub

Tdub Say what???

Old news...they did it last year! (I think or it might have been an exhibition)

9. turboderek

turboderek Well-Known Member

Not surprised. A lot of the tatted up Hipster Triumph/Harley kids are riding their street/vintageMX bikes at the Harley/Streetbike nights here in so.Cal