1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nobody's talking about the GOP's letter to Iran yet?

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by tophyr, Mar 10, 2015.

1. tophyr

tophyr Grid Filler

2. apexspeed

apexspeed Well-Known Member

ah.. thanks. got halfway through the ones in my linkage. very interesting to see some of the issues during that time. I like nuts and bolts!

3. JTW

JTW Well-Known Member

Nobody is saying that everyone has to sing cumbahya and hold hands with each other but it also serves no purpose to provide an incentive to the Iranians not to do a deal. I don't disagree that Obama is doing perfectly fine disgracing the office of the presidency all by himself but the repubs didn't do themselves any favors here. It makes them look small and petty. Also, keep in mind that they just set precedence so that the next time when the tables are turned in terms of who has a majority and who is on the WH the dems can just point to this BS political stunt.

4. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

Are we sure on this?

5. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Dems already did it.

6. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

Let us wait for the reasoning why this occurrence is defined as "first."

7. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

There are no rules anymore... crips, bloods, red, blue...doesn't matter.

8. JTW

JTW Well-Known Member

To this degree? Sorry I'm just not familiar with the instance if they did or not. Also, the "so and so already did it" excuse is pure BS. Just because someone else jumped off a bridge doesn't mean you should too (said in the voice of all mothers everywhere :D)

9. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I already mentioned the instance (Noriega and the Sandinistas). I'm not arguing it as an acceptable excuse, just pointing out that this is not setting a new precedent.:D

10. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

It should not be an excuse. However, have you seen how often they are being used by the current administration?

No one is owning up to responsibilities.

Now, I don't agree with what the number of Republicans did. But all they essentially did was warned, educate on the matter.

Again, not right but compartively not in the same league of treason. Nor with the typical cajoling that has been exhibited to our our enemies in the past. That list is long, and includes all types.

The fix here is transparency and rule of law. But good luck with that. Those, we get into this stupid scrimmages. And, point fingers.

11. ton

ton Arf!

12. gaitherb

gaitherb Well-Known Member

There appears to be a tentative deal with Iran concerning its nuclear program...I'm guessing that strongly worded (treasonous) letter didn't work out for Republicans:

Iran and six world powers agreed to a framework for a final deal on Iran's controversial nuclear program, officials announced Thursday.

The understanding paves the way for the start of a final phase of talks that aims to reach a comprehensive agreement by the end of June. The agreement concludes weeks of intense negotiations and comes two days beyond the initial March 31 deadline for an outline deal.

"We have reached solutions on key parameters on a joint comprehensive plan of action," EU foreign affairs chief Federica Mogherini said at a joint press conference with Iran's Foreign Minister Javad Zarif in Lausanne, Switzerland.

Reading a statement on behalf of negotiators, Mogherini specified that Europe will end all nuclear-related economic and financial sanctions on Iran under the future deal. The United States will end similar sanctions upon verification of the agreement by the International Atomic Energy Agency.

Iran will retain only one enrichment facility, Natanz, while the Fordo fortified site will be converted into a scientific center, according to the statement.

13. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

A scientific center? Sounds legit.

14. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

I'm interested in why you think this is the case. I find most racers to be individualistic and anti-state. Both parties seem to identify the individualist with the enemy, for some reason.

15. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

I say let 'em have it.

Let Israel put on her Wonder Woman Underoos and launch attacks at Tehran.

Let every other shithole join the fray.

When everyone's dead, we can ship our nukular waste there instead of fucking around with Yucca Mountain.

The end.

16. Sacko DougK

Sacko DougK Well-Known Member

Good thing they didn't go there and shake their hands in person, much like...

Attached Files:

17. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Wait for this 'bargain' to turn out as well as the one with North Korea by BJ

18. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

What's amazing is that you aren't at all concerned about negotiations guaranteeing that Iran gets the bomb, but your real concern is a perceived insult to your Emperor Obama.
    Of course, there is never a shortage of members of the Neville Chamberlain Fan Club. To be fair, I've no doubt that you will all be amazed, but not chagrined, when Iran acquires nuclear weapons.

19. tophyr

tophyr Grid Filler

Most racers, sure. This particular Dungeon, however, seems *mostly* filled with RWNs of varying caliber. There are a few big LWNs, and a few prominent folks that don't fit either of those labels but are still nuts in their own regard.. but I was just poking at the fact that by and large this particular subforum has a very significant reactionary contingent.

edit: see above ^^^, how everything ultimately devolves into "you seem to be an idiot and thus must value Obama above all else" ;)

20. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

The success of this "agreement" remains to be seen. It's supposed to be finished by June 30 and many experts suggest that the upcoming negotiations to complete it are less likely to succeed than this initial agreement. As it stands now it looks like Iran got what it wanted and Israel, the only openly threatened country, is left staring down the barrel of a gun that Iran is pointing at them. In the end, and in spite of all these agreements, eventually Iran will have nuclear weapons.

The world marches on to self destruction.:up: