1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Crew shirt help

Discussion in 'General' started by backcountryme, Mar 6, 2015.

1. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

Need a hookup for crew type shirts. We are trying to get some shirts done as promo stuff for a product I sell. Got a quote of over $70 a shirt, and that seems pretty high. Who is the man of the beeb for crew shirts?

2. omatter34

omatter34 Well-Known Member

Pilot does crew shirts now. Looks to be $60 and up though so similar pricing. Check out their website. Note..I have never purchased their shirts, just saw them on their website the other day.

3. mtmansl

mtmansl Well-Known Member

I like the Dickey's short sleeve work shirts ($16.00), then just have them embroidered...

4. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

:stupid:

5. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

Another vote for the Dickies work shirt.

When I riding with Lithium we did a bunch that way. They were really professional and we didn't look like Nascar pit crew when we went out for dinner after the races.

6. DucatiBomber

DucatiBomber DJ Double A

I have always gone the route of the Dickies shirt with embroidery for the team logo...
    BUT if you have them done right you still aren't going to get off cheap. The cost of the shirt is really one of the smallest expenses. Most embroidery places are going to charge u a set up fee with your logo, etc the first time you go to them. Then having the sponsor logo patches sewn on adds up. I've been quoted anywhere from $3 - $10 a patch. So even using the $3 a patch scenario with AMA shirts you needed at least 4 patches sewn on so there is another $12 per shirt.
    So you are at almost $30 a shirt and no team logo embroidered on the shirt.
    Unless u are getting a very large amount of shirts done you are going to be at $50-$60 a shirt.
    It's around $45 a shirt for me now that the place has my file set up,etc. That with all the required patches and logo on the front pocket area and large logo on the back.
    Ride safe,
    AAron

7. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

Marion Cornett (MC Designs) does all our embroidery. She does good work.

8. backcountryme

Thanks guys. These shirts are a promo deal for our company. I guess the quote wasn't too far off then.

Attached Files:

9. backcountryme

Don't know why I can't attach 2 photos

Attached Files:

10. tittys04

tittys04 Well-Known Member

We've had them make shirts for us, they're great shirts and they don't need a minimum order number. Get 4 or 40, same price.

They have a lighter weight shirt and a heavier shirt. Most teams go with the heavier (it's not super heavy, breathes really well even in extreme heat). Heavier costs a bit more, but is well worth the extra coin for sturdier shirts.

11. KMC

KMC DUC|DET

That quote seems way high for the type of logos that are on there.

I did pit shirts for GP Tech's Moto GP effort, as well as Pete Cline's Wounded Warrior AMA team and a few others. We were using higher end Nike and Puma moisture wicking garments that cost way less than what you're talking about.

Feel free to send me a PM if you want me to work out a full quote for you.

Attached Files:

12. KMC

KMC DUC|DET

It was harder to work with Pete, because he is so damn pretty. In order to come up with a shirt and a design layout that would not take away from his pretty boy rock star image was very tough.

Attached Files:

13. BigBird

BigBird blah

Those shirts look silkscreened and not embroidered...maybe that's why they were cheaper?

14. ACDNate

ACDNate Well-Known Member

Embroidery is definitely more expensive. Digital printing is pretty good these days and cheaper than screen printing since there isn't a complicated setup of the screens.

15. KMC

KMC DUC|DET

The sample shirt pics the OP posted are not embroidered, which is why I said $70 seemed high.

I don't like embroidery on shirts when it's hot outside. It's stiff and itchy. A great embroidery job always looks classy no doubt, but when you are out in the sun and sweating, I'd much rather have printed logos.

16. Silo Pete

Silo Pete We have ignition.

I'm pretty much a bitch.

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

What KMC said - embroidery is great for fancy stuff but crew shirts still look great screen printed. Cheaper and lighter are nice bonuses.

18. backcountryme

The quote we got was for thermal transfer. I thought it was high

19. KMC

KMC DUC|DET

You're pretty much the prettiest bass playing pretty boy Ohio has ever put out.