1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wayne Moore

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by mwrlex, Feb 23, 2015.

1. Terrible news Uncle Mike. RIP Wayne

2. Tritom

Tritom Well-Known Member

Hate to hear this. The "Kentucky Colonel" will be missed.

3. mwrlex

mwrlex Well-Known Member

Visitation for Wayne will be at Kerr Brothers Funeral Home on Harrodsburg Rd in Lexington this Friday from 5 to 7 PM. No service is planned.

4. Czar

Czar Well-Known Member

I will miss him as will all those who knew him! Prayers to his family during this difficult time.

5. bogganman

bogganman Well-Known Member

I last saw Wayne at the cycle jam at road Atlanta. As usual, he had a big smile on his face, and a warm handshake. He was one of the good guys. Godspeed Wayne. Forever a champion....... keith

6. 787RR

787RR Well-Known Member

This is vary sad news. Wayne was a great man and racer. He was one of those guys I always looked forward to talking with in the pits and racing with. He was just an all around great man. He will really be missed. My prayers go out to his family and friends. RIP Wayne.

7. Hate McDead

Hate McDead Well-Known Member

Man. Life is full of the uninvited and unwanted. I've been having a running dialogue with Wayne for the last 3 weeks about his Honda for sale. I had kinda put it on hold to give it more thought. Now to find that this perfect gentleman has passed is a surprise to say the least. Was this unexpected because there was no indication from Wayne that anything was amiss? He was always a gentleman at the track and he had always garnished respect from everyone with a any familiarity with him. The vintage racing community will miss him and find his shoes hard to fill in his absence.

8. Yamaha Fan

Yamaha Fan Well-Known Member

I met Wayne as I started to hit the track again. I had great times competing with Wayne on his beautiful bikes. Wayne's constant smile was infectious, It always brought a smile to my face.

RIP Wayne you will be missed!

9. Duck150

Duck150 Well-Known Member

I can not even say how much I like Wayne and will miss him.....

10. Stumpy

Stumpy apprentice

Rest easy, racer.

11. kanatuna

kanatuna You can't polish a turd..

RIP racer

12. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

RIP Wayne.

13. PoundPuppyRacin

PoundPuppyRacin Pound Puppy Racing

Thoughts and prayers for his family. We will miss him - RIP

14. lizard84

lizard84 My “fuck it” list is lengthy

Wow, I'm shocked, RIP Wayne.

15. mwrlex

mwrlex Well-Known Member

Stu, Wayne had told me that you were going to buy the bike he built for WERA 350 GP. Jim Pooler had already taken his V1/Sportsman 350 bike. Then he told me you decided not to, so due to a last minute problem with the Super Hawk, he let me take to it Roebling to run F250. I called him Saturday to tell that I had a great race on it and finished third. He was pleased that I had done well on it. I also said that if you weren't going to take it that I would. So, Stu, if you're not going to take it, I'd to pay Wayne's son for it. I know I'll never be able to ride as well as he could, but I'll try my best. It'll stay in the trademark Wayne Moore silver livery. It's taken a while to type this. Seem to be having a little difficulty seeing.

16. CharlieY

CharlieY Well-Known Member

I'm glad you are winding up with Waynes GP bike, Mike......I think he would have liked that.

I watched him ride it at GNF, from the backside of barber, on the side of the hill over there......something happened in the beginning, but with 2 laps to go Wayne kicked in the afterburner (on Bucky, I think it was)....he musta gained 5 seconds a lap, it was GREAT to watch!!.....he caught him on the last lap at the top of the hill and made the pass for the position!!!!!

Then on top of that, Takes the V1 National #1. What a great day! Sittin at his trailer with you guys afterward drinkin beers and smoking cigars.....last time I saw him.

RIP Champ. :(

17. billybowwow

billybowwow Rusty Tank Racing (Bill)

While I only knew Wayne for a little more than a year, his competitive streak, passion for the sport and respect of others made him an exceptional individual. I was blessed to have known him and appreciated his humor and spirit in the pits.

God Speed My Friend, God Speed!

18. Hate McDead

Hate McDead Well-Known Member

Mike - Thanks for sharing this with us. And I know very well how hard it is to write during difficult times like this. I'm sure that Wayne would be happy to have you ride his bike. And keeping his silver livery would be a proud salute to the man.

So should I anticipate a return 'bump' in turn 1 at Mid-Ohio this season with that bike? It would certainly be in character to carry on in the grand tradition of the Kentucky Wrecking Crew.

19. mwrlex

mwrlex Well-Known Member

I'll definitely be at Mid-Ohio, as we have been for 15 years. And even though we've had our bumps, both Wayne and I have been proud to have known you and been friends for all these years. I'm looking forward to seeing the good Doc and following his shit stirring for years to come.

20. craig641

craig641 Well-Known Member

I met Wayne a few years ago when I first started traveling away from my Loudon home track. And always had good talks at every event that we'd meet up since. Always a smile on his face. Always enjoyed himself no matter how things were going on the track. Even smiled through a broken collarbone at one event, don't remember where that was but I do remember Wayne. He'll of a nice guy. Gone too soon. RIP Wayne.

Craig