1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F3 front wheel

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by F2RGK, Feb 16, 2015.

1. F2RGK

F2RGK Smack Talker, but Nice!

I NEED AN F3 FRONT WHEEL!!

Thanks-

Ron

239-777-8191:beer:

2. jimfowler

jimfowler Well-Known Member

It just so happens that I have one...and in great shape no less. Shoot me an email and I'll send pics: twostroke at gmail dot com

3. F2RGK

Still need one! Any one?

4. TZRusty

TZRusty Well-Known Member

Honda wheel info

I have brembo rotors for Honda wheels. One pair has a 62mm hole, the other pairs have 58mm hole and fit my F3 and rs wheels. What wheel has the larger hole ?

5. F2RGK

Unfortunately, I don't have the bike in front of me since it's back at GMD.
    So, I can't answer that question.

6. pscook

pscook Well-Known Member

I believe the larger diameter hole fits the 900RR wheel.

7. TZRusty

TZRusty Well-Known Member

OK. So what year did the 900rr change from 16" to 17" inch wheels ?

8. flyingpig70

flyingpig70 Well-Known Member

It changed to a 17 when the 929 came out. The 900RR from 93 - 99 has a 16 front.

9. F2RGK

Ok threadjackers,...who has a front wheel for sale for an F3? Let me know!

10. pscook

pscook Well-Known Member

An early gen (1990-1994?) VFR wheel will work as well as an F2 wheel with VFR rotors, just in case you can find those floating around.

11. bullockcm

bullockcm Well-Known Member

If they are that hard to find these days... I have one I bought from someone on here as a spare for my 97 VFR, to the best of my knowledge F3 and 94-97 VFR750 wheels are identical.

At this point I doubt I will ever need it, in fact I know I haven't looked at it since 2010. Don't ride my VFR that much anymore because after it passed 65,000 miles it seems to be eating no longer available water pumps about every 5000 miles!

I paid $150 plus shipping and would like that back out of it. If I remember correctly I thought it wasn't as nice as described to me but was straight and perfectly usable. I can get pics tonight if you want. I will be travelling next week so if you are in a hurry I would need to get it out by Saturday morning.

12. Dyle

Dyle Glad its a new year!!

Call Dave at Rockdale Cycles in Conyers Ga. Tell him I sent you. He has rims and so much more for f2/3s.