1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Talladega Paddock info

Discussion in 'General' started by r8ed600rr, Feb 6, 2015.

1. roy826ex

roy826ex Been around here a while

Well darn :(

About the only thing I tear up lately is every rear Michelin slick in Sticks trailer :mad:

2. This.

I do have to admit the power thing does get on my nerves sometimes. I'll get their first and pay for all weekend, then people will just show up and run cords from everywhere into the box that I paid for....then next thing I know my warmers have tripped off.

3. roy826ex

roy826ex Been around here a while

Tripping breakers or over loaded plugs by others has lead me to just run my warmers off the Honda 2000 lately. It burns maybe a gallon of gas in a double header weekend and I always have hot/warm tires. Very portable and easy to use. No long cords in the way and everything is nice and tidy under the ezup.

Talladega and barber are the most frustrating two places where I've paid for power on the RV and end up with cords running out of my paid pedestal that are not mine. No one asked they just plugged in and some bring splitters which further over loads the breaker. :rolleyes:

4. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

If someone causes my "paid for" power to trip, I unplug them once. The second time I cut the end off the cord. That tends to slow them down.

5. r8ed600rr

r8ed600rr Well-Known Member

Glad I asked now I will be planning on leaving a little eairler to make sure we get there in time

6. mmfoor

mmfoor Team Stupid!

This!

7. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

The box you paid for is the single 50 amp circuit, if you want the 15amp circuits that are on the same side of the pole that is another charge (they sell 4 circuits from each RV pole, the 2 50s and the 2 15s). At least that is the way it has been explained to me.

Tell the track guy you want to use the whole half of the pole, if he will sell it all to you then it belongs to you.

8. ToddClark

ToddClark f'n know it all

:crackup: I had to do that once to Keith Marshall many years ago at Barber. Needless to say, he was NOT a happy camper. :D

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

If it's a true emergency the emergency crew would have no issue getting in nor racers getting out.

One of the owners lives right next to the property at Talladega. Management is onsite at Roebling.

10. I always do. I pay for the whole side of the box instead of running the warmers off the toy hauler. And because I don't want somebody else's JuJu mixed with mine.:D

11. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

Then stop them fools from plugging into your power. Run a cord to every outlet you paid for, then set a can like this on top of the pole.

[​IMG]

12. Oh hell yes. :crackup:

13. stickboy274

I'm sure that went well. He seemed to deal with adversity well. never got too worked up. It will make someone think twice before they do it again.

14. r6boater

r6boater Logged out

Shocker:D

15. Haha. Hushup.

If i get 3 sets of warmers plugged into the TH at once it will sometimes trip a breaker. So I run 2 of then off the pole.

Then what happens is I halfass put stuff away at night...then get up in the morning to see somebody has plugged into my pole.

16. Doug113

Doug113 Well-Known Member

Are there going to be any tire vendors at Tally Friday? I'm planning on getting there Friday afternoon and would like to get a new set for the 250.

Thanks,
    Doug

17. stickboy274

I'll be rolling in Friday night with some 250 tires. Hoping to get out of town early

18. jeffr1ey

jeffr1ey Well-Known Member

i'll be in the market for some power cups :D

19. Doug113

Doug113 Well-Known Member

Great...Are you going to have the new 250 tires you were testing?

20. stickboy274

I've got a bunch of those in there also.

Thanks