1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sad to see endurance series fail

Discussion in 'WERA National Endurance Series' started by EXPERT35, Aug 29, 2014.

1. BEi Racing

BEi Racing Well-Known Member

CCS Team Challenge are 200 mile races. You can do them solo or with a co rider. Must ride the same bike.

2. That sounds like fun.

3. Sean,

Thanks for all that WERA has done for Endurance Racing.
    When I first started racing in the CMRA it was always get quick, then go run a WERA National. I have great memories watching North West Honda and other Texas teams battle for wins. This shows my age.....
    Looking forward to seeing you guys next week with both of the LSTD Endurance Teams.

MacMan

4. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

So I have been thinking about this and if this years partnering with CMRA for a 4 round series, why can't it continue next year with more partners. If CMRA hosted a round and CRA was included with their annual 5 hr and WERA hosted a round and CCS extended the length of one of their rounds, who else has an endurance race already in their schedule or wopuld be interested in hosting one? 4,5 or 6 rounds spread out between organizations might be a viable championship[ and WERA wouldn't have to foot the entire bill.

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

It's a thought for sure. Right now I think we're going to keep working on 2015 with us and CMRA and see what we can come up with and go from there.

6. JBall

JBall REALLY senior member

Thanks for posting the final endurance points (maybe really the final points). It's fun to see how you ended up.

We're number 7!

Hope a joint series gets worked out for next year. (Hope it's not all in Texas though).

7. duck62

duck62 V7 Scooter

I thought I would make a post. Don't want to see it die.......

8. CNI Dawg

CNI Dawg Well-Known Member

Yep it's difficult to get and keep a team together plus a lot of work keeping the bike race ready ....but it is one Hell of a lot of fun if you can pull it off !

I see we're (CMRA) coming to NOLA next season - hoping for a BBE race at that event. Was a fun track to ride when we raced there in 2013 - SO Smooth !!!
    Wonder what it's like now ???

Now I just need to get a team together .....

9. JBall

JBall REALLY senior member

Sean, any USNE news you can hint at yet?

10. BEi Racing

BEi Racing Well-Known Member

Hey Joe. It's not looking good for WERA teams. From what I've heard through the grapevine, it's a all CMRA 4 race series. The only decent track will be NOLA, but that conflicts with WERA Cycle Jam at Road Atlanta. I love endurance, and hate to say it, but it looks like we are out for this year.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2015
  11. kanatuna

kanatuna You can't polish a turd..

:( And to think that our SRAD plans of WERA domination have been spoiled. lol

12. SundaySocial

SundaySocial Blue & Gold

Turn 1 Racing (1999/2000 24 hours of Willow Springs) as I sit up and back shift for turn one ... I realize the sun has gone down on our fun.
    Then I top turn six, see the FULL moon is peaking over the horizon, and realize that the fun has just begun !
    So much fun. Thanks for the memories Mongo. We would LOVE to do it again.

13. wsmc99

wsmc99 Member

Turn 1 Racing (1999/2000 24 hours of Willow Springs) Some of the most exhausting (preparations) and rewarding/fun racing of my career.
    Also loved the 2 6-hour rounds at Miller (Short Bus Racing).

We're in to support a 6+ hour event should it be viable.

Pick a nice track...any nice track! ;-)

14. vonstallin

vonstallin Я - Ребенок Люциферов

Cant wait for it to return...and to the NE/Mid ATL.
    I thought it was insane when my boy said "Lets do the wera 6 hour race"!!!!
    I was like shiiiiidddd.
    2007, did that race and was hook. Ran in the Summit 6 hours till the last one.

15. ped

ped Banned

love to have a couple endurance rounds close.

16. vonstallin

vonstallin Я - Ребенок Люциферов

Yeah....it was a good ol fun time. Had more people come out to visit me racing during this vs. a regular sprint weekend.

3 hour race would be cool also...saturdays like 10am to 1pm. Then Key sprint classes....orrr extended solo style sprints.

10 laps A, B, C and D class.

im just dreaming and wishing.

ANyone post up about WERA running at the new Dominion track?
    Did not see anything posted here. If it pans out, it would be a great addition to the Mid ATL/NE tracks..

We need it bad......bad....

17. kanatuna

How difficult would it be to put on a 24hr endurance race? A stand alone event.. Think the other orgs would help promote it...open registration for licensed racers etc. A battle royal of endurance.... Three classes. I wonder if NSS would allow it. They have pretty good lighting.

18. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Not really feasible without some major support.
    We did the 8 hours of Nelson Ledges twice. Which was more fun the second time with the sponsorship from PIIA.
    With our LW bikes, we did 2 fronts and 3 rears.
    And we were sponsored by Pirelli.
    Can't imagine doing it without help.

19. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

I think it would be pretty monumental, but probably totally worth it.

Watching the old 24 hours of Nelson Ledges documentary gives me chills every time.

I would definitely volunteer to work this kind of event. Corner working, tech inspection, registration, general "DON'T DO THAT" in the pits guy, etc.

Auxiliary lighting would probably be almost as expensive as track rental and insurance.

20. kanatuna

Cost for the teams is subjective...

Track lighting is why I mentioned NSS. They have pretty good lighting. If WERA could afford to run there a few yrs ago, I'm sure a cooperation of multiple series could afford a 24hr with some sponsorship help. Plan it two years out. Accept paid pre entries 12mo ahead of time. I think it's possible...

I was watching Bol D'Or videos and damn....that's bad ass.

I attached a pic of NSS at night:

Attached Files:

• nss.jpg
      nss.jpg
      File size:
      29.9 KB
      Views: