Visiting Pensacola-Panama City Area Feb 12-18

Discussion in 'General' started by Rhino48, Feb 3, 2015.

1. Rhino48

Rhino48 Well-Known Member

What cool bike things are there to do in the area? Must see Bike Shops? Other Stuff?

Suggestions appreciated.

2. 675AV8R

675AV8R Jetski Extraordinaire

D&D Cycle in Pensacola for sure. Go in and give Robby-Bobby a friendly ball tap.

3. dantheman

dantheman Yeah, it hurt.....

If you like military stuff especially planes, go check out the Naval Aviation Museum onboard NAS Pensacola. Short of the Smithsonian, not sure you will see a better collection of pristine aircraft. Usually some old timers milling around. Strike up a conversation, you'd be in awe of some of the story's they tell from back in the day.

4. bluebandit2g

bluebandit2g Well-Known Member

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Go to Floribama and have a beer :D

6. STEEZO

STEEZO Well-Known Member

And sign up for the mullet throwing competition!

7. SpeedyTide

SpeedyTide 'Bama's Bad Boy

:stupid: & :stupid: although..... I thought that was only a certain time of year.

:D

Also, have the USS Alabama battleship just across the bay in Mobile.

8. Kev59

Kev59 Well-Known Member

Have officer Grant Lopez write you a speeding ticket while you're there!:up:

9. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

Definitely a must see. The haunted lighthouse is also worth a visit.

10. barnacle bill

barnacle bill Darethea and B Bill

live oaks museum. lou snedden , and planes

there is a museum off I 10 all about the marine building industry of wooden sailing craft. the govt. use to grow and harvest the oak for their ship timbers there. I thought it was amazing. ditto on the aircraft museum too. I got to get back down there. go look up Lou Snedden of Lou's Leathers . an old wera and ama racer too. he works part time at one of the bike shops ( near the marina)there in Pensacola . very cool dude . that is all. bill and darethea

11. revin62

revin62 Well-Known Member

McGuires in Pensacola for sure!

12. racer_11

racer_11 moto nyne guy

hey, Lou, I do remember many years ago talking to you and mentioning that Lou used to do leather work for me and that you two were good friends! a little while ago he used to work at R&R, which I think now is a Husky dealer. I have been out of the country working for the past 6 mos. so don't know if he is still there. but Lou is super cool and has great old racing stories.

the Naval museum is definitely a must see! maybe even BS with John at Turn One and see the cool Husaberg show!

how 'bout Joe Patti's for some seafood to take home!?!

13. Rhino48

Rhino48 Well-Known Member

thanks for the replies, folks. I posted that question, then promptly left town, just checked in to find as usual, the WERA crowd delivers.

Barnacle Bill - Interestingly (well, not really...) my first set of race leathers were Lou's (still have them - not that I should use them, but that was so much cash back then, I can't bring myself to toss them...) Always wondered what happened to Lou's Leathers.

14. barnacle bill

barnacle bill Darethea and B Bill

lou's leathers

well in 92' Lou sold the roadrace patterns, machines and know how to cliff bigoney who started Advance Design Leathers and built them for a few years out of maryland and Lou and Janet moved to Henry ,FL and continued to build dragracing leathers and sail their boat on the bays around there . I think they retired from about 15 years ago and passed those patterns on to Cliff too but I'm pretty sure all that is passed on into legend also . Lou's riding and traveling and working part time @ the bike shop in pensacola . he still stops by and sees me when he travels through KY . he and janet ( and the girls that worked there Alice, Betty, Madge, and Linda) built a couple of suits for me too . they got me interested in the leather business and as I was already sewing boat stuff it was a logical transition. stop in and see Lou . tell him BB said hey. bill and darethea