1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V8

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by Mongo, Dec 3, 2014.

1. lance89

lance89 Well-Known Member

Yea I get it. Sean said 15years then said maybe 12. I don't think 12 is enough because that would be 2003. also I don't like the floating year, because of bike technology took their last big jump in the 03-05 range. so in a couple years we will be right back where we are now with the same bikes wanting another class. Make the cut off 02 and be done with it. Lance

2. dcemotorsports

dcemotorsports Well-Known Member

Thanks Mongo for breaking new ground with V8. 15 years is good.

3. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Good point.I agree with this

4. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

So is the 12 or 15 year floating or is it either 2000 models or 2003 models?

Yes I'm a little slow.

5. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

We know, we've seen your laptimes......zing!!!!

6. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

It's because of the cruddy tires you sell me!

7. stickboy274

Too sticky? They slow the bike down?

8. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

The only problem with that is when you make it a solid year and not floating the class will become stagnate as it is now.

9. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

I agree with Dustin. I think the floating year option at 15 years is pretty good or you are going to have to restructure the other classes at some point due to V9, V10, V11 bikes...... It give a little flexibility and you can close the class whenever it becomes necessary.

10. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

Remind me to knock you off your skateboard when I see you.

11. stickboy274

Will do. I'll try to remember to slow down so you can catch me.

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I see what you're saying but is there really an 03-05 machine that is truly equal to the current bikes?

FWIW - not disagreeing with you, just trying to get more input.

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Neither yet, still working on it - what do you think?

14. stickboy274

In three years, those bikes might not have a chance against current bikes of the time.

I say we go for 15 rolling and worry about it then.

I would hope the manufacturers would make some progress by then.

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

The more I thought about the rolling year over the last couple of weeks the more I liked it (and not just because it makes writing the rules much simpler :D)

16. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

I like the rolling 15 or 12 for that matter. Let's be honest, if there is a dominant bike then the guys running at the pointy end are going to all be running that bike. Kind of like the GSXR was and the R6 has been recently. This IS vintage after all. As I said before Sean will have to close this class eventually due to non competitiveness between machines but I think we let it play out a while. It will save him from having to restructure the classes totally.

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

If I remember correctly that's what happened with V6. It was a rolling 10 year class then got stopped when things did some drastic changes that would have made the gap between V5 and V6 way too large.

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Okay - I'll decide for sure on the year think by Wednesday so more input is appreciated until tomorrow night.

Next important question - name. Obsolete Superbike (OSB)?

19. SoCal1000

SoCal1000 Will work for tires

I really liked the 10 year rolling plan but if it comes down to 12-15 I'd vote for 12. Rolling gets my vote over a stagnant year.

20. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Millenium Superbike Class