Get your motoamerica rules here !!!

Discussion in 'General' started by lonewrench, Dec 16, 2014.

1. Derick

Derick Well-Known Member

I have a feeling that flyboy would make the cut, he can "afford it" I think he was just trying to get an idea of where the front of the pack might be at.

2. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

I don't see any reason why the pointy end pace will be much different than last season.

3. flyboy

flyboy Well-Known Member

Thanks Derick! Was just curious. I figure if they keep they same cutoff in SB and the Jish Hayes isn't slower on the new bike you're looking at 2:22-23 at Road America. Guess what I'm interested in is Superstock qualifiying going to be based off separate SSTK times or SB. 108% or something different.

4. mdr14

mdr14 What?

5. Rob P

Rob P Well-Known Member

I think you misread. R6 is Homologated 2008-end(meaning 2014) and 2012-present (updated parts). I read that as 08 and up are Homologated and some 2012 parts have been homologated for use.

6. mdr14

mdr14 What?

Not quite sure that is how it reads.

7. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

I see it as 08-12 GONE! 12 with updated parts FINE.

8. mdr14

mdr14 What?

I know for a fact that unless specifically allowed for in the rules, back dating of parts not allowed.

9. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

It reads to me that 2008+ R6's are definitely allowed. Just as Rob P stated.

Interesting to me that it has all the specific requirements that fuel must meet, but doesn't say anything about an actual spec fuel. Perhaps coming in the next round of info along with the tires maybe?

10. CZHART320

CZHART320 Well-Known Member

hell you can run a r6 from 06 to 14 well I am anyway.

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You can have fuel requirements without a spec fuel easily.

12. lonewrench

lonewrench Mr.Charles

There's a fuel spec in the rule book. The same spec as F.I.M. VP makes a fuel specific( VP Moto). Elf and Eni do as well, if there is not a spec brand announced then the F.I.M. spec will be the standard. It's there in black and white.

13. Kordyte

Kordyte Active Member

So as of yesterday, the 2015 licensing rules are up:

http://americanmotorcyclist.com/Libraries/Racing_Documents/2015_AMA-FIMNA_MotoAmerica_License_Eligibility_Final_1_9_15.sflb.ashx?download=true

Pretty straightforward - but I have one issue I wanted to ask about.

From section 5.b.:

I would imagine they specify the motorcycle eligibility just to keep someone from jumping from expert club racing a Ninja 250 straight to AMA 600's - makes sense.

I (tentatively) had planned to do my 3 race weekends and earn my 100 points in 2015 on my current 2006 R6, and then upgrade to a newer bike (probably just a faster, newer, set-up R6) for 2016, and race some SSTK600 rounds as well as more club racing.

Unfortunately, if you follow the rules literally, this will not work as my bike is too old to be eligible/homologated for AMA competition (which I understand, the 06 being no longer current), and therefore will not count towards my license eligibility.

(http://www.americanmotorcyclist.com/Libraries/Racing_Documents/MotoAmerica_Listing_of_FIM_homologated_motorcycles_for-2014.sflb.ashx)

Seems kinda dumb to me... is there any way around this, or will I simply have to buy a new bike a year before I can hope to race any AMA rounds?

14. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

Did you ask them?

15. lightning97

lightning97 Well-Known Member

16. Kordyte

Kordyte Active Member

Ah, didn't see that exception rule.

I'd imagine if I got everything in order for a license except for the year on my bike, they'd make an exception and give me one. I think I'll just bank on that.

17. dickie doo

dickie doo Well-Known Member

You and everyone else. :crackup:

So have we reached a consensus on the year of R6 that can be raced?

18. Just now reading through this thread completely, but I agree with this. I would like to see riders being able to choose their tire brand and/or be able to receive sponsorships from their tire brand...but every tire should be available to everyone.

None of this handing special tires off the back of the truck to certain riders kind of stuff. If you want to run Dunlops or Pirelli's, go for it...but everybody else has the option to run the same exact tires you are running.

19. kman0066

kman0066 Well-Known Member

Anyone know what documentation is necessary for the points? Just a printout from the WERA site or something more official from WERA? Hoping to live out a dream this year at Barber (possibly 1 or 2 other rounds) and with the rider requirements out now, I know what's possible. I just want to get my ducks in order so that I am ready once they are ready to license riders :D

20. tawzx12r

tawzx12r Influencer to none

Once the licence link becomes available on line there should be a form you would fill out and send to the club that you have the points with. They would verify said points and sign off on it. Then either return it to you or forward it to MotoA..

Some of the past AMA stuff also had to be notorized...