1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone Here Have Sprint?

Discussion in 'General' started by socal, Dec 24, 2014.

1. socal

socal Well-Known Member

Sprint wireless any good? The current Sprint promotional plan would cut my Verizon wireless bill in 1/2...just do not know anyone that has Sprint...

2. kz2zx

kz2zx zx2gsxr2zx

I have Sprint. Was OK in Phoenix, better in Dallas. Unlimited wireless, five lines, plus a microcell in the house (for better inhome coverage). About $230/mo.

3. SoCal1000

SoCal1000 Will work for tires

I have Sprint. It's okay ish. I've had it for 8 years and never felt the need to change but maybe I don't know what I'm missing out on by going to another carrier.

4. socal

socal Well-Known Member

What is a microcell??

5. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

I had Sprint through work. I was ready to do kart wheels and backflips by the time they got rid of them. HATED them with a passion.

6. joec

joec brace yourself

I have the unlimited everything whatever plan. no international. no hot spot. basically just over 100 bucks a month. going on 6 years with Sprint. see no reason to change. I'm as cheap as davek. wish I could go back to a wire phone and phone book sometimes.

7. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I have Verizon, but have friends with Sprint. Whether it works for you or not depends on your needs. Check the coverage maps. If you are in a major market, there may not be a big difference. Smaller markets may have gaps in coverage. If you travel a lot, check the coverage on your route. A cheap plan is no bargain if you can't get a signal.

8. kz2zx

kz2zx zx2gsxr2zx

A small voice/3G data cell, fits on your bookshelf, works for about the radius of a house, looks like a Sprint carrier to your cell phones. Doesn't do LTE.

[​IMG]

9. Aberk

Aberk Well-Known Member

This. I've had it for ~15 years.

10. BigBird

BigBird blah

My only experience with Sprint was when the took over Nextel. Nextel's customer service was great, Sprint was one of the worst ever. I have been with TMo ever since and have been quite happy for about a decade now.

EDIT: TMo also has a bunch of features that are free and come in very handy like WiFi Calling.

11. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

sprint for a long time. if you're in socal it works amazing, i'd definitely have it out there. on the east coast, it just depends where you are. its wooded and hilly around me in DC. drops calls sometimes in valleys. overall its fine tho for the price. i have an old school unlimited everything family plan still with my moms that we've had for like over a decade. its totally retarded at my age, but its like $80 total with my corporate discount, and nothing else can beat that shit... so i just send her a few hundred bucks a year and keep on keeping on. no reason to let them "win" at the cost game.

the one thing i will say... i dunno if this has since been changed or not, but there was something about South Dakota and Sprint having a monopoly there with Nextel, so they literally had zero service in the entire state. at least it was that way in 08'/09' when i was out there. my phone just straight didn't work on both trips i took. as soon as you cross the line into Wyoming, phone works perfectly, even though you're literally in the middle of nowhere.

12. SBKBee

SBKBee Owner: FZ hotel

Here in Central Virginia, you wouldn't even consider it, Verizon is the only one with any consistency.

13. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

I have friends with Sprint, T-Mobile, MetroPCS etc. and ALL of them frequently complain about network performance outside of major metropolitan areas. AT&T has comparable data speeds (in many larger cities they are faster than Verizon), but if you are anywhere near the sticks or frequent more remote areas, there simply is no comparison.

I've been with Verizon for going on 15 years (joined up when they were still PrimeCo), and I'm willing to pay a premium for something that has worked 100% of the time, every time.

14. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

I have had Sprint for about 6 years. They have been great to me. Before that I had Verizon for over 10 years. Verizon customer service sucks compared to Sprint. I have not had issues with Sprint service or coverage as well.

15. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

10 yrs of sprint... total garbage service.
    My buddy on verizon got service in PA mountains or 30,000 ft in the air.

We switched a couple years ago... couldnt be happier.

16. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

I have had Sprint for quite a while. Voice service is pretty good everywhere but there are some gaps in their 4G coverage once you get outside of the major centers.

17. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I've had Sprint and that number for almost 15 years.

It's sucks but doesn't suck any worse than the rest of them. I eventually added an AT&T number because I was heading to europe and Sprint didn't work there. Sam uses the sprint number now with data and intragores and she is happy with it.

18. dakh

dakh Well-Known Member

Sprint has one thing that nobody else does: google voice integration. It is retarded how slow phone technology moves and at least with Sprint and Google combo you're kind of in 21st century. I'd rather pay for it than give google my data but alas, nobody else does it.

I can lose my phone and still be perfectly functional with text and voice on the same phone number except for the actual mobile part. I can travel abroad and be able to use the phone as normal wherever there's wi-fi.

This is how it should be. So far you can only have that with Sprint.

19. opinion914

opinion914 Well-Known Member

Not the greatest here in metro NY. I had to get a range extender for the home. At 65$ total / mo., I'll deal. I have a feeling i'd have moments of frustration with any provider.

20. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

I had Sprint for at least 10 years and finally left last year. SoCal, I work in Paramount and drive to Mission Viejo and would usually drop a call at the 605/91 interchange and two places driving down the 5 freeway.

Went to TMobile and while not as good as Verizon, I almost never drop a call.

Sprint customer service was great.