250/300/320/390 Rules for 2015

Discussion in 'General' started by Mongo, Dec 2, 2014.

1. I agree with that.

2. The Grom class is the hardest to podium of all of them. And by far the most prestigious.

3. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

Maybe you should petition to have to Daytona 200 be run on Groms. They could start the race on Monday, and finish it on Friday.

4. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

My brother raced 600's back in the late 90's when I was racing my 76 RD400. He took my 400 out for a practice session and came back into the pits looking pale as shit and shaking just a bit.

He said, "man, you are fu*^ing crazy for riding that thing! Have you got a death wish or something!"

Anybody can race a modern bike. It takes big balls and just a slightly deranged mind to race Vintage:D

5. They'd have to run on the apron. Not enough power to make it up the banking.:D

6. backcountryme

On the plus side, they could prob run the whole race on one set of tires.

7. Mr 300

Mr 300 Active Member

I'm here... you never know when some whinny dad, or a guy with a facetwit page for his dog will come along and cause you problems.

Stop, stop, stop. You're fucking this up.

Leave the 250's alone. That's the only way I can continue to reign down terror in my region with my cheater bike. If you let 300's in then I'm just another amazing rider whipping everyone's ass, but now I have to do more work.

8. pscook

pscook Well-Known Member

So you can run an MD250 in ESS now? Excuse me, a punched out MD250?

9. caferace

caferace No.

Pretty sure, but I seem to remember SS classes as production based bikes.

-jim

10. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

RTFRB!!!

4. SUPERSTOCK: There must be at least 1000 motorcycles available to riders, worldwide, per year and the machine must be generally available on the U.S. market with full EPA and DOT approval to qualify a machine for the Superstock categories. Proof of eligibility must be provided by the rider. Superstock machines are defined original motorcycle manufacturers’ equipment intended for use on public roads which are allowed to use an aftermarket or racing exhaust system instead of the stock exhaust system and other modifications as listed below. The decision regarding the legality of any machine entered in a Superstock class is the responsibility of the Chief Technical Inspector for the event in progress. The rider or sponsor of any machine is responsible for producing a service or owner’s manual with all part numbers, specifications and other material required to prove its legality. Legality will be determined based upon manufacturers’ specifications (or comparison of similar OEM parts) for the year, model and make of the machine entered.

11. I was wondering if "E Superstock bikes do not need to have DOT approval" allowed them in.

12. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

I always thought it took a vintage mind to ride vintage.

But we may be saying the same thing....

13. joec

joec brace yourself

so where do most v1 and 350 gp legal bikes fit in all of this. shit, I've been talking about finding something modern, but it sounds like I'm a cam, some port work, and a set of carbs away from some really great racing again! lrrs has a similar class. something like f300 or something.

14. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Sean, only thing I may add to this is, on the events schedule, could the F/E stuff be separated by at least one race from the D stuff so's I can race both my puny ass bikes? Last year, I missed out on a few races because I had to pick and choose between the 400 and the 250.

Thanks.

Love,

Metalhead

:Pop:

15. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

I assumed it's there to specifically allow the cup spec bikes in, but see how it could easily cause confusion. Perhaps better wording would be "RC390 Cup bikes allowed"

16. backcountryme

Should have had the other bike ready slacker. Where is your crew?

17. Exactly.

No excuses.

18. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

My crew is me and me alone.

19. Have the other bike ready. Come in, get off one and onto the other.

20. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

I have one set of warmers. How the hell do I snatch them off one bike and jam them onto another while still trying to get out to the track? Do I leave the second bike sitting there idling while I'm out racing the first? I seriously don't have a clue about this shit.