Nose bleeds

Discussion in 'General' started by renegade17, Nov 29, 2014.

1. renegade17

renegade17 Well-Known Member

I am averaging 3 a day. Some are 5 min some are 1hr. We use a wood burner to heat the house so I bought a humidifier that is made for a house twice the size. The room the woodburner is in stays between 30 and 38%. I am going to try to get in to the doctor this week but is there anything else i can do? buy another humidifier?

2. lawdog359

lawdog359 Well-Known Member

Saline nose spray. I suffer from them also. Usually they start the first time I have to turn the heat on in the winter. I run a humidifier until the windows condense then back it down. If you have room, in addition to the humidifier, put a pot of water on top of the burner and keep that full.

3. renegade17

Yep done and done, i even smear the inside of my nostrils with vaseline about every other day. Hoping the doc can cauterize them.

4. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

Are you taking any aspirin based meds?

5. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

The doctor said I wouldn't have so many nose bleeds if I kept my finger outta there.

[​IMG]

6. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

What did he say about your hemorrhoids? :D

7. renegade17

No meds

8. RoadRacerX

RoadRacerX Jesus Freak

Check your BP?

9. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

You think he's runnin hot? Maybe his nose has a bad pressure relief valve?

10. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I had nosebleeds all my life, although not as much as an adult. A doctor mentioned the Vaseline trick a few years ago. I do it every night before going to bed. No more nosebleeds.

:crackup::crackup::crackup:

11. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

Eat more bananas for the calcium.