1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Asking a favor

Discussion in 'General' started by In Your Corner, Nov 18, 2014.

1. CowboyRR

CowboyRR Well-Known Member

Awesome looking pup! Could not resist those eyes. Shared and will post up a donation tonite. Good luck!

2. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

:up:

3. SpeedyE

SpeedyE Experimental prototype, never meant for production

4. rraiderr

rraiderr Ron Jermey Jr

Posted on my FB page.

5. SupermotoFan

SupermotoFan deep Clothing Company

Also shared on the deep Clothing Company facebook page.

6. Photo_Chick

Photo_Chick Leo's Wench!

Wishing you and Chica the best. I will share on my Facebook page as well

7. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Thank you Vicki.
    Thanks to all of you.

8. We have four dogs and have been involved in rescue and fostering many. Will share. I find dog hair in fuel filters around here. Done

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 22, 2014
  9. joec

joec brace yourself

shared.....short on cash now, but will.definitely contribute asap. everyone knows my attachment blind pets...hope it works out!

10. SupermotoFan

About to crack 15%.

My contribution is on the way when my paycheck clears the bank.

11. In Your Corner

Chica is going on the 4th for all the pre-op exams.
    At this point, the most important thing (I'm told) is getting tons of shares to increase potential donations. I also have $125 in my (new) Paypal account for Chica.
    I've spent quite a few hours trying to get it posted to various pet pages, but a lot automatically reject links.
    FB is the main carrier of these campaigns, and I'm trying to figure out how to use it to do that.
    So many people have invested in this that I am determined to make it happen for her.
    I'm looking at all my personal credit options, too.
    Fundraising will take time and there's no guarantee that I will raise the whole amount, and every day I wait is another day she can't see.
    I started the fundraiser at a goal of $5000, which I was told was a reasonable estimate. If things go well, it could be as much as $1500 less. This is just general advice, though, you can't know until the testing phase.
    If they recommend the operation, I will leverage my credit somehow to get it done ASAP.
    I just checked and people have now donated a total of $860 to the campaign, and most of that has been from the roadracing community.
    I can't tell you all how much that means to me, but I'm not surprised.
    Best people in the world, and they prove it over and over.

12. Kyle602

Kyle602 Well-Known Member

Donated to the paypal fund.
    Best wishes for you and Chica! :beer:
    Kyle and Laura

13. In Your Corner

You've been incredibly generous I can't thank you enough.

14. SupermotoFan

My small part added.

Best of luck to Chica.

John Casimir

15. In Your Corner

Had a laugh Wednesday when my wife came in with the mail asked "Who is IYC? And who is Metalhead?"
    Thanks Metal and kids.
    I would have posted this Wednesday, but the snow took out our power and we just got it back about noon today.

16. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

:D:up:

17. In Your Corner

Okay, here's an update.
    We took Chica over to Portsmouth today for the exam to determine if surgery could be done. I was really impressed with the vet; he was a self-described geek on eye surgery.
    He spent a lot of time talking to us and showed how the whole procedure worked using models. They did several tests and eye exams with various scopes.
    She appears to be a good candidate according to the exams so far. The final two exams, which involve examining the retina for damage, are done under general anesthesia as part of the procedure. If she fails those tests, the surgery ends there. Indications are good that she will pass those tests.
    After a lot of discussion, we have decided to schedule the surgery. I have a couple of options to finance the balance of the surgery. So far, donations total $1050. Today's exam cost $170 and the cost for the surgery and all followup visits is $4900.
    I don't expect that we'll raise close to the full amount, but I'm hoping to raise some more, so if you haven't shared her page or asked your friends to, please do http://www.gofundme.com/hfs3bg.
    I really appreciate all the support from the bbs folks. There's just no words to describe how good it feels when people have your back.
    We are hoping to get her in for surgery next week or the week after. We can't schedule anything for a few days as my FIL is in bad condition in the hospital, and that has things up in the air. He's 93, has post-surgical pneumonia, and his doctor isn't hopeful.

18. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

That's good news, except about the FIL. Have you thought about telling the vet about your money situation and the go fund me page ? Maybe if he saw what strangers did he'd be willing to cut his fee a little ? Just a thought.

19. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

agreed and done.

good luck Mike.

20. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

Prayers to your FIL.