1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mountain Bike - Hard tail

Discussion in 'General' started by Game, Jun 8, 2011.

1. vince224

vince224 Well-Known Member

tks Monte, appreciate it.

LBS dude concurs that it's not so uncommon...especially for the Motion Control cartridge. Indicated it's sorta a know weak point w/ them.

so Shockspital was easy enough for google to resolve. Who/what is "Max"?

tks again.

vince
    :D

2. tunawest

tunawest Well-Known Member

Well, I am looking at getting a new frame. I LOVE my el mariachi, but I really miss having a full suspension at times. Especially out here. With my confidence rising, and getting into a little more technical riding (nothing crazy, just moderate tech XC) on longer rides, I find I am getting beaten to hell on my HT. Already have a bad lower back, and after a long hard ride, it aches. SO, I am super pleased with salsa as a company, and would like to stick with them. I have sorta decided on a spearfish and went to a local shop and tested one out around the parking lot. I rode a M size frame today, and felt cramped. I could have messed with the saddle some more, but I think I need an L. my current bike is a M and I have like a 60mm stem, and people say I look cramped, but im not, so I dunno. Im 6' tall and right in between M/L on their size chart, and Im thinking with my short stem, I will be good to go. Im looking at just getting a frame and swapping everything over. The shop has a frame they can get which is a L and they said its like $1699 but they could do $1300. Thoughts?

3. v42168

v42168 Well-Known Member

Just picked up my first 29er, ebay find. Now it's snowed for 2 days.

[​IMG]

4. STT-Rider

STT-Rider Well-Known Member

Go large and use the shortest stem you can (to get a good position) and a bar with a tad bit of sweep if needed. You're going to invest in a new rear hub as well, yes? That discount on the frame will by a sweet rear hub.....

Last edited: Nov 2, 2014
  5. tunawest

haha yes! once I destroy this stans again!

6. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

Nice cannon

7. dakh

dakh Well-Known Member

+1, 35mm or whatever shortest stem you can find and size L. Unless you're there for the climb and for the climb only of course.

8. wsmc42

wsmc42 Well-Known Member

Nice!! :up:

9. tunawest

Got my bike back. It was a fucked up bearing.... that was just replaced by the other shop. Dude said it was more than likely shop error

10. Ghamilton

Ghamilton Well-Known Member

11. STT-Rider

STT-Rider Well-Known Member

Big tournout for that race, super cool.

12. 6_Myles

6_Myles Well-Known Member

My buddy did the Iceman in 2008 I think...he still talks about how cold it was

13. used2Bfast

used2Bfast Still healing

Did an all day solo at Pisgah a couple weeks ago. Cove Creek, Daniel Ridge(CW), Long Branch, Butter Gap, and North Slope.
    Cove.
    [​IMG]

The lost hunting dog that was running behind me for a bit. Scared the chit outta me when I stopped and there he was lol.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

The only smooth part of Daniel Ridge. Its a mofo. Even more then in the past.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Climbing up to Long Branch.
    [​IMG]

FS guys doing trail maint on the top of Daniel where it meets Farlow.
    [​IMG]

LB Rodo tunnels.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

North Slope that goes around Davidson CG.
    [​IMG]

14. used2Bfast

used2Bfast Still healing

Bridge at Daniel.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Snag'd a new (well, 2 rides on it) Sram Rise 40 27.5 front wheel (805gms) cheap off Ebay. Even came with an almost new Hans Damf or whatever its called. I stuck a light fast rolling VeeRubber 2.3 Mission on it. Trying to make my 26ers feel somewhat less twitchy after I get off the 29er haha. Cheap experiment.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Tsali.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    HPIGuy from sumo Junkies .com.
    [​IMG]

15. v42168

v42168 Well-Known Member

NICE, I was down in Pisgah a few weeks ago, been over to Bent creek a couple of times this week. I'm a roadie but do a little mt. biking when it cools off. Where are yo from? I live in Waynesville.
    Steve

16. used2Bfast

used2Bfast Still healing

Close. Robbinsville.

17. rob748

rob748 Well-Known Member

hatchery

18. I was losing the front all the time (saving it a lot, but not always:mad:) when I first got my current bike. I put a stem on that was about an inch and a quarter shorter, and this made a huge difference. Much easier to keep from having too much weight on the front. :up:

19. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

dude... i think i posted that i was out there for the 2012 and the 2013 Rampage in this very thread, and didn't hear anything. we didn't go this year, but probably next year again. i'll buy you a drink or 5 if you wanna come hang. show me some cool shit if i do. i'm bringing the DH bike. gooseberry is fun though, but i can only pack one bike. i like staying in Springdale, its rad there.

fuck... i'd come out to there again just for the prickly pear ice cream from that general store place off whatever road Main becomes as you go towards Hurricane with the fake wild west town in front. might be my favorite ice cream ever.

20. tunawest

well i pulled the trigger on a salsa spearfish frame. Should be here in a week. $1378 OTD and im just gonna swap everything over for now