1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Alien Gear Holsters

Discussion in 'General' started by Hyperdyne, Nov 12, 2014.

1. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

AG is one of the few that makes a custom holster for my Walther. Anyone ever use these?

2. EngineNoO9

EngineNoO9 Well-Known Member

I have one for my XD9. Have zero complaints. Wanted a crossbreed holster originally but the Alien Gear was by far cheaper and the reviews were all solid. My dad has one for his glock and he loves it. Guessing you may want their super tuck version for your walther. I have the full size holster for my gun.

Have you looked at a remora or sticky holster or are you set on having a clip holster? Not sure of the size of your Walther by my wife has a sticky holster for her S&W Bodygaurd which works fantastic. The only complaint I have about the holsters that clip on are they seem to drag my pants down. I have to make sure I really sinch my belt down good to keep it from moving.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2014
  3. Hyperdyne

The Walther is pretty chunky, so it's going to be OWB. Since it's winter here, it's no big deal anyway. I haven't looked at the remora or the sticky. I'll check them out.

4. JeffroJ

JeffroJ 3 Ninjas and a Mexican

I have one for my CM9, IWB though. I bought it, tried it once, and stuck to my desantis sof-tuck because it is a lot more comfortable. Sorry that doesn't help you much, but I can testify that the quality is pretty good, but the wait for it sucks.

Alien gear uses little rubber spacers along with allen head screws so you can adjust the hold tightness on the firearm, it's a decent setup.

5. EngineNoO9

EngineNoO9 Well-Known Member

Sticky and remora are for IWB so they won't be options really.

6. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

I have one for my P-07, it's a little thicker than my previous hybrids (I have the leather backed one with the kydex front). The thicker leather took it a few days to break in, then all was good. One thing I don't like is the allen head screws, I swapped them for regular flatheads so I can adjust it whenever I want to. It was shipped with them too tight, a half a turn backed off and the retention was perferfect.

7. Reckless_Kelly

Reckless_Kelly Well-Known Member

What Walther do have? I make custom holsters and have a large selection of Blue Guns to mold from as well as access to several other firearms.

8. ChuckS

ChuckS Well-Known Member

RK, what's your location? Got a Para Slim Hawg I need a holster for...

9. Reckless_Kelly

I'm located in Bradenton, FL, but ship all over the country. Check out my website www.hbcconcealment.com. I've got a local Para dealer that stocks my stuff, so I "should" be able to get my hands on a Slim Hawg to mold from.

10. Reckless_Kelly

I just checked, the Slim Hawg is just a 3" 1911, I've got the blue gun for that already!

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Star Wars geek making holsters, gotta love it :D I'll be in touch soon I'm sure although no SW stuff...

12. Hyperdyne

PPX

13. Hyperdyne

Light Sabers need holsters too...

14. Reckless_Kelly

I can get a PPX to mold.

15. Hyperdyne

Blackhawk, Uncle Mike's, Serpa... Nothing currently available. They will tell you the PPS/P99 holsters will fit, but hey don't. The slide is too big.

There's a decent amount of people looking too. The Alien Gear just launched.

16. Reckless_Kelly

I think I can get the blue gun for aPPX, but I have a friends with one that I can borrow as needed.

17. sidepipe79

sidepipe79 Well-Known Member

I have a AlienGear for my XD40 and S&W Shield. Love them both. The XD is a 4" service model and the IWB holster helps conceal it very well. Still looking for a decent OWB for the Shield that is not too bulky.

18. Hyperdyne

I'd have to pick up the new CCP to carry IWB. My 32's are loose as it is and it would be a dead giveaway. Carrying SOB is ok unless I have to sit down.

19. r6fast

r6fast Well-Known Member

Shoot Chris Moon an email over at Vigilancetactical, former WERA racer and all around good guy. He is currently moving into a bigger shop so his wait times are a little longer then normal.

http://www.vigilancetactical.com/store/

20. Gorilla

Gorilla Let me push on that bitch

I have one for my Sig 245 a really like it.