1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RIP Wayne Static

Discussion in 'General' started by ryoung57, Nov 2, 2014.

1. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Dead at 48. Some of my favorite riding and lifting music:(

2. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Never heard of him.

3. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Damn. RIP.

4. BSA43

BSA43 Well-Known Member

:stupid:

5. spode

spode Well-Known Member

Weird, was just talking about Static-X and Powerman 5000 with a co-worker last week

6. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Too bad. A little Static-X cranked up to 11 is good for a couple seconds per lap or at least 5lbs towards a PB lift. :up:

7. ACDNate

ACDNate Well-Known Member

Last edited: Nov 2, 2014
  8. gixer1100

gixer1100 CEREAL KILLER

damn! static x is a good go to, to get amped up.

9. GrayGhost

GrayGhost Well-Known Member

10. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Rip. Good band and great show.

11. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

man i remember seeing them at the glasshouse with machine head and puya back in like 2000. one of THE BEST shows ive ever been to.

RIP

12. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

Damn . RIP .

13. iagsxr

iagsxr Well-Known Member

IIRC he was a straightedge. Think maybe he had an ongoing health problem.

Just something I vaguely remember from an interview when Dimebag was killed.

RIP

14. OGs750

OGs750 Well-Known Member

:stupid:

I remember reading something about him being a vegetarian. That doesn't mean he didn't do drugs, but i doubt it.

RIP

15. ESmith

ESmith Well-Known Member

Damn. Was supposed to be at a local joint in the next couple weeks. Was planning on going... RIP

16. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

OD is the assumption in this article:

While Static's cause of death wasn't revealed, tweets from his musician friends and peers suggest that a drug overdose was to blame. "RIP Wayne. This is so sad. Too many musicians are dying from overdoses," Papa Roach's Jacoby Shaddix wrote on Instagram. "I'm serious, addiction is real and takes fools out. No one is invincible. So glad I live a sober life today. The number of friends that I have lost to addiction is crazy… I know drugs and partying are part of the 'rock 'n' roll lifestyle,' but damn, how many more gotta die??? Fuck the lifestyle, I want life!!!! See you on the other side, Wayne."

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/n...ayne-static-dead-at-48-20141102#ixzz3Hxf42SJu
    Follow us: @rollingstone on Twitter | RollingStone on Facebook

17. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

Jacoby sounds like a dick. Using Wayne's body as his bully pulpit for his sober-better-than-thou rant.

18. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

jacoby has always been a fuckin doucebag

papa roach lost me after last resort

Last edited: Nov 2, 2014
  19. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

Jacoby is an arrogant dick, about as bad as m. Shadows. And that was the only post by anoth rocker suggesting drugs. Statics publicist is heavily denying that it was drug related.