1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So what cool 2-wheel stuff did Santa bring ya?

Discussion in 'General' started by R6Rider, Dec 25, 2003.

1. R6Rider

R6Rider Well-Known Member

We all know Santa likes riders and racers so show off a little (or a lot) and post some pics of what he brought you this year....

2. Well nothing two wheeled exactly as gifts but I did buy myself a motor re-build and a shiny new Arai helmet. My in-laws got me a nice new BBQ (now I can demote my other one to "track use only"), some other BBQ cooking stuff for the track also. I did buy my wife a new '04 Acura TL so I can go to the track more, so it's kind of two wheeled.

3. todzuki

todzuki got OBS?

My little sister went to a shop I used to work at and asked them what to get me. She ended up with a BBR rev box for my XR100!!! Way to go sis!!

4. MRMOTOGP.COM

MRMOTOGP.COM Well-Known Member

new agv gloves - yahooooo!

5. Sean Jordan

Sean Jordan Well-Known Member

Santa (my Dad) gave me a Fuji S7000 Digital camera...while not directly two-wheeled related, this model was chosen for it's higher shutter-speeds and low shutter-lag - ie, it will let me take decent race/track day photos. After seeing my disposable-camera pics from Barber, the old man decided it was time for me to upgrade.

While not a professional level camera, this thing takes some great pics...I wish I could say the same of myself!

6. Chubby Huggs

Chubby Huggs Guest

Two wheel related because it's going in my toolbox:
    1/2", cordless, 14 volt, Makita impact wrench!
    Zzzzzzz---bdbdbdbdp.

7. MudDawg

MudDawg Engine Killah

Good Christmas...

Well...it wasn't exactly Santa. More like a planned present with a bonus.

I was planning on this:

http://gsx.suzuki.com/~sucycles/sr_03/sportstreet/fr_sv650.htm

Which I picked up yesterday. Silver, Nekkid, and needing some break-in time. :)

And while I was there this little camper just begged to be taken home. And since the wife has a little motorcycle riding fear...it was a nice idea. She's already been lapping the house...much to the chagrin of the neighbors. Heheheh

http://www.suzukicycles.com/Products/LTF250K4/

Too bad that my YZ400F needs a new rear sprocket. Guess I'll be quad'ing tomorrow instead of dirtbiking. Oh the shame of it....

:)

8. stevegross

stevegross Legion of Zoom

Down the Road: Genuine Miles on Classic Motorcycles by Steve Wilson.

Great book, if you're of a certain mindset (basically, bemused resignation) regarding old British motorcycles. Fortunately for the author, at this point just about everyone involved with old British motorcycles is of that mindset, all others having given up long ago.

9. Eddie845

Eddie845 E-LO FRM THE BLOCK

got an extra set of wheels

10. Preposterous!

Preposterous! wemember

Photo book "Fast Company" awesome black and white photos of everything from WSC at Laguna to club racing.

And I bought myself a new bike. Signed the papers on Tuesday. Won't actually pick it up til I get back from Texas.

11. Wade Parish

Wade Parish North Central Hawker

Dad got me a fat gift certificate to my Bridgestone supplier, and my big brother gave me some cash to put toward the off-season mods. EXACTLY what I needed!

(Non-racing: Girlfriend got me a bunch of CDs I've been wanting, including the new LET IT BE NAKED. Gawd, that album kicks ass! "Phil Spector? We don't need no stinking Phil Spector!")

12. mstingray

mstingray Backmarker Extrodinaire

santa stole my checkbook and gave me this in return...

[​IMG]

13. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

My wonderful husband got me a digital camcorder so I can make videos at the races. :)

14. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

and other places......:D

Just keep up with the tapes so you and your hubby don't end up on the 'net.

15. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

:D This thing doesn't even require a tape. :)

16. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

Easier to post on the 'net, then :D

17. ThrottleJock

ThrottleJock Has been/Never was

Pops (Santa) rules...

New pair of SMX-Plus boots to replace my old (borrowed) Alpinestars that got digested in my 100 yard slide into home base.
    Oh, and I got a book entitled "Total Control", which is more street/novice oriented but it's got some good pictures and anywhere I can soak up pointers about proper form and stuff is good for me. I still look like a motocrosser out there, dammit.

As for presents I bought myself? Repaired leathers with the addition of my name across the back (bling bling), and an extremely cool pair of circa 1960 motorcycle roadracing boots that I found on Ebay.

18. B.Augie

B.Augie Wera 930

My 2 yr old- CRF-50, so he can get a head start on being the 2020 world superbike champ!
    13 yr old- used set-o-leathers (e-bay) so he can start racing this year, if I can find him a decent 125 to start on,
    myself, badly needed kevlar brake lines, k&n air filter, vortex fairing stay, v-360 pegs (instead of rear sets)-any one tried these?, zues fasteners, and a new Stihl chain saw, oh-oh- oh
    Much love to my family for everything:beer:

19. WERA522

WERA522 Lost

SV650 Shop Manual so I will know how to build my superbike motor. :D

20. skillets

skillets Gunnin' for terrance

Lookie Lookie I got a 2004 wera membership, new sharkskinz, and a gift cert. to the local speed shop. Thanks Santa