1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brisbane Australia, What to do?

Discussion in 'General' started by Chris13, Oct 21, 2014.

1. Chris13

Chris13 Which lever is the Brake?

Thanks for the tip. I will put that in google!

2. Chris13

Chris13 Which lever is the Brake?

Now tell me about driving there. Coming from the US, is there any thing I should really know? Serious and smart ass replys appreciated. :)

3. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I think they drive on the wrong side of the road there.

4. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Don't the water in the toilets turn the opposite direction?

5. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

When I went in '94, the locals just told me "Keep Shelia in the gutter". Took me a while to figure that one out.

6. flyboy

flyboy Well-Known Member

I rode a motocycle down there for 3 weeks. My first day was getting out of Sydney....a little bit scary! But really once on the road I found it to not really be a problem most of the time. The biggest issue was pulling out of a gas station or something where my mind wasn't really on where I should be going. If you pay a little extra attention it shouldn't be a problem. The only other thing were speed cameras combined with what seemed a pretty slow limit. Most of the time they actually warm you about them, but I'm not sure if that's always the case. They also had at least one mobile speed camera I passed. Luckily a rider going the other direction warned me.

7. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

speed cameras every where dude

INDOOROOPILY is the best subburb in town for a shopping mall if interested in that in my opinion after living there for a few months a couple of years ago. I was just working there so did not venture out much

Last edited: Oct 23, 2014
  8. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

Facebook check "Brisbane Track Riders" and ask away

9. RichB

RichB Well-Known Member

Not really, theres some toll roads to watch out for but you have 48 hrs to pay and some rental coy's factor it into the price. And jaywalking if you're on foot, I dodged some cops handing out walking tickets at lunch today, it's serious stuff.