SVGoddess lands a podium and lowsides on the same day

Discussion in 'General' started by SpEd, May 28, 2001.

1. SpEd

SpEd poor impulse control

It is true, I was there. 20.49 second lead over the next bike. Even lapped a couple of bikes, passed a few experts. I had as much fun watching her get third as I did racing earlier in the day. She lowsided in the 90's during the first practice. Shelli is OK as is the bike. Thanks to Craig, Rikki and Mike for helping us out this weekend. It was great to meet some more people on the BBS. Gary you are a nut, you are welcome to pit next to us anytime. Eric thanks for pulling me around the track in practice. I lost another second off my times in the race, and with no rear grip even....anyone know a good suspension guy? I almost highsided in the carousel after the rear spun out over the off-camber part and then decided to hook up again. Shelli and I both dropped a toe in the sweeper for the first time. I burned through two toe sliders on my right boot. Todd, it took me a couple of extra laps to get you in the race, you picked up your pace nicely. Next time I'll get you by the sweeper. PKS, thanks for the grill loan. You are welcome to hang with us if you like. We could always use extra help. That's all for now. Hope everyone had fun.

2. PKS

PKS Happiness is belt fed!

Woohoo!!!! Shelli's race was great! Stick and I watched from the pit wall, and we were tickled to death to see how far back fourth place was. I was honestly going to leave before the awards ceremony, but when Shelli took third those plans were immediately cancelled. Even Opie didn't get the applause that Shelli got, and he set a new track record!!!

3. GSXRGIRL

GSXRGIRL Guest

Shelli, congrats!! I know you probably still have a huge smile on your face. [​IMG] Hope to see you guys soon!!!

4. SpEdette

SpEdette Zombie

Go, Shelli! Congratulations!!! Wish we could have been there to see you get your first podium. [​IMG]

5. michael

michael Well-Known Member

we were tickled to death to see how far back fourth place was

were friends with the forth place finisher and dont think we arnt going to get a bunch of milage out of the fact that shelly was able to get in front of his gs500 and leave him in the wind we wish he could have stayed with her and kept it honest but maby next time congrats to you, him and all the racers that mase it through this past weekend cant wait till the next one

6. WERA74

WERA74 Poser and proud of it!

Congrats!

7. SVgoddess

SVgoddess Big Bad Love

Thanks guys!! I really had fun. Racing for me just wouldn't be the same without all of the new and wonderful friends I have made. That alone makes racing like one big happy playground. Without all of the other kids, it would just be a boring place.

Next up...Roebling!! See most of you there!

8. Wacky Jackie

Wacky Jackie Well-Known Member

Congratulations, Sheli!!
    That's Cool!!
    Hope to see you in Roebling!!

9. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

i thought it was really kewl when she stuffed that poor guy up the inside of the 90. he never had a chance

10. wera122

wera122 Guest

Congrats on the awesome weekend Shelli. TIW and I will be back at Roebling and we'll bring the grill so you won't have to steal one from PKS next time. [​IMG]

We'll be pitted in the usual spot along the main paddock road near the concession stand and showers. See you there!

11. fin1exp

fin1exp Well-Known Member

It was incredible for her to wreck in the 90's and get her butt up and bring home a third. I am so happy for you shelli. Sorry I did not come over sooner.
    Also, congrads to John Walters for his Second place. You rocked dude. Next up...number 1.
    Later,
    Wishing I had a big trophy [​IMG]
    Eric

12. MR-MICROPHONE

MR-MICROPHONE Breakin' the Law!!

SHELLI,
    That was just a real good feeling to be able to announce your name for that podium finish. CONGRATULATIONS!! again. If you could have only seen the glow on your face when you were up there getting your trophy. I think I may have seen a little tear in your eye too, but there's nothing wrong with that. [​IMG] I look forward to seeing you on the podium again real soon.

Jeff

[This message has been edited by MR-MICROPHONE1 (edited 05-28-2001).]

13. expresso2go

expresso2go Well-Known Member

(He honestly wishes for a BIG anything... [​IMG]

Congrats little lady on a fantastic job!! It was nice haning with you and the crew this weekend.

14. John Ulrich

John Ulrich Well-Known Member

Go, girl, go!

15. smknjoe

smknjoe Well-Known Member

Congrats Shelli!!!! That's sooooooooo cool.

16. WERA74

WERA74 Poser and proud of it!

See? I knew you had it in you.

17. Duke Boy

Duke Boy Guest

Hell Yeah,
    What a fantastic job!!! I am always pulling for Shelli and was quite upset in practice when she crashed. It was good to see her up moving around. Then, she goes out there and finishes 3rd. Great focus and, dare I say, huge balls! Seriously, Shelli, you did great this weekend. I'm glad we were able to get your bike back out there. (You owe me a footpeg! [​IMG] Hee! Hee!). I think I better start checking my six where you are concerned though. It's not going to be long before you are running right up it. Keep up the good work. If you need anything let me know. [​IMG] Thanks for letting me use your power for warmers and thank everyone for giving me some lap times in practice.

Take Care,
    John

18. Comet117

Comet117 Well-Known Member

Hey Ya'll,
    Congratulations SVfriggingpodiumrulingGoddess!
    I have some short video from Saturday afternoon practice. Send me your snail mail add and I'll make you a copy.
    It was sure nice meeting ya'll. Mom says 'Hi'.
    Joe

19. Duke Boy

Duke Boy Guest

Thanks Eric! Congrats to you too!
    Although, I think I am going to have reach a little deeper for a number one finish. Nope...scratch that. Alot deeper, with the likes of Karl Morrow out there. Damn he's fast! What a talented rider. I need to sit down with him and get some pointers. I stayed with him for about two laps and, suddenly, looked up and he was GONE! I think he beat me by about 15 seconds. Hopefully I can get everything with the rear suspension figured out before Roebling and can squeeze out a few more seconds off times. Then, of course, I will have others to contend with as well. Look for some great racing at Roebling in the LW twins class. Thanks for the Kudos!

Take Care,
    John

20. Tracee Polcin

Tracee Polcin Pic by IYF Photo

I bet she had her black thongs on!!!

You go girl!!!!!!! [​IMG]