1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Honda Element?

Discussion in 'General' started by RRP, Sep 13, 2014.

1. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

We will be trading for a newer assault vehicle for the wife and the lil one in the next 10 months or so.

She hates minivans, is 6'1" and does not like crawling down into the available 4 door sedans and has no use for the monster SUVs. She is probably the only person I know who is perfectly happy going the speed limit or less and could care less about keeping up with the Jones ( or anyone else).:D

She has expressed interest in the Element.

Pros? Cons? etc. Relevant real world assessment is appreciated.

Thanks
    M

2. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

She is 6'1"?

3. HPPT

HPPT !!!

You're getting vertigo just thinking about that, aren't you? :D

4. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

How talll are you RRP? If you say 5'7 or so, you can be my friend and we can hang out. :D

5. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

I think I am scared that you two are the first to respond.:D

Dave, sorry 6'2" and a bit. But we can still hang out, however I seem to annoy most people.

(Shut up Bartlett)

Last edited: Sep 13, 2014
  6. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Johnny B has an Element and he has said he liked it. I'm sure he can tell you all the good, bad and whatever on them inside and out.

7. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Who is that Bartlett you speak of? I think I saw that name this week orbiting in my Facebook application constellation. :D

And don't worry about the :Off:. You ain't getting real any answers until Monday anyway.

8. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

That is the info I am hoping for. The wife is happy putting along at 55.5 mph as long as she has AC, Power lock/windows.

9. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Papa

Jason748 on here. It's his goal in life to kick me in the nuts whenever possible. I like to be proactive.:D

10. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Johnny will pop in at some point and give you the straight poop on them.

11. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Nevermind, different first names. :D

12. revin62

revin62 Well-Known Member

I've seen a triumph 675 in the back of an element with the doors closed and rear seats folded up.

13. duc995

duc995 Yep…

I don't think the Honda Element is in production any longer... :(

14. Rebel635

Rebel635 Well-Known Member

K24 engine same as crv. It shares a lot of components with the crv. If ya get the 5spd you can install a 6th gear from a tsx or rsx type s pretty easily to drop revs on the highway.

15. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

Best vehicle I've ever owned. Had the 2006 black ex with all the upgrades. Before they ruined them by painting the plastic panels putting fast and furious rims on em

16. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I love my Toaster. I got the 2006 EX-P ("P" is for fenders painted to match the rest of the car.) You wife will like it because she can easily get into the car, unlike the neck wrenching you get climbing into a Dodge Nitro. Aerodynamics are on the boxy side, but that won't really be an issue if she does the speed limit.

I have the 5 speed. I love it because the shift handle is up next to the steering wheel. Versatile car, you can fold the rear seats flat and swing them up to the side like a railroad car sleeper bed. Or just remove them altogether. I fold my right rear seat flat, do the same with the right front and I have something to sleep on at the track. All rubber interior makes cleaning a breeze. Sound system for this model is an AM/FM/XM/CD/MP3/WMA player with seven speakers (4 normal, 2 tweeters, 1 subwoofer) and a jack to plug your MP3 player into to play through all the speakers.

Change your oil regularly and check the level routinely. Neglecting this will stretch the timing chain and prematurely wear down the guides. Neglecting the oil level will also cause problems with the engine's i-VTec variable intake timing system. As it seems to happen with all Hondas with rear disc brakes, rust tends to jam the rear pads in the carriers, causing fast wear. Keep an eye on them. I always grind the pad backing plates to keep them loose in the carriers. They'll click a little when applied but they'll last a lot longer.

My big dislike is the suicide half rear doors. You have to open the front door before you can open the rear. I don't usually use the rear seats, so it isn't usually that big of a deal.

2011 was the last year Honda made the Element.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2014
  17. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Gracias gentleman. Sounds like a viable option and honestly the suicide doors we like as it works much like my Chevy Silverado extra cab doors. Mommy likes the added measure of security for the lil one.

Fuel mileage as I understand it is in the 22-25mpg highway range?

Tks again
    M

18. Riders Discount

Riders Discount 866-931-6644 ext 817

That's close on the mileage. I put 250k on a 2004 and all I ever replaced were tires (Michelin LTX would last close to 100k), brakes, and rear suspension bushings. Car was really good.

19. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

20. bajakirch

bajakirch ^Not what you think

I saw someone post up pics (maybe on reddit?) of transporting his sport bike or race bike in an Element. I think all he had to do was remove the windscreen to fit it in with the seats folded up or removed.