1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need a new smarthphone.....

Discussion in 'General' started by ClemsonsR6, Aug 20, 2014.

1. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Yes...Take it back and buy a Moto X. NO shitware..no OEM crappified interface.

As for the G3 you likely won't be able to get rid of anything baked into the ROM without rooting the phone and loading a different ROM.

2. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

I have always had good luck with finding a youtube video that walked me step by step thru the phone rooting process. Then you can install a stripped down ROM that doesnt have any of the crap you do not want. It takes a bit of time and research though.

Oh ya, it voids your warranty too if you do that.

3. BigBird

BigBird blah

it can...but you can revert back to stock and reset OEM counters if need be.

4. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

I went through all that then I used this instead. I'm usually not one to mess with tool kits (like codec packs they break stuff). This one works like a charm though.

5. The CHAD

The CHAD Well-Known Member

ISynchr allows you to take your music from your itunes and load it onto an android device... Over your wifi or connected to the computer

6. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

I will have to try that when my current phone starts to piss me off.

7. GrayGhost

GrayGhost Well-Known Member

I've had nearly all of them over the years, moto x without a doubt. Newest one is about to be released too, good timing.

8. Woofentino Pugr

Woofentino Pugr Well-Known Member

I didn't delete mine on my G3. Just urned off notifications, stopped them if they were running and then disabled them via application manager.

I got my G3 2 weeks ago. Switched from US Cellular to Verizon after nearly 20 yrs with US Cellular (started when they were Cellular One). Last 18 months with USCC was a total clusterfuck. My last USCC phone was a Galaxy S3 I got when USCC started carrying them. Always had issues with data signals. Would never stay locked in 4g and then when switching to 3g it would lock for a few minutes each time. Ended up locking it down to 3g. Of course USCC said nothings wrong with it. Yet everyone in our shop with a S3 had THE SAME ISSUES. Most switched to other brands when they could. One got a S5 and has some issues but nothing like the S3 has.

The G3 has stayed in 4g since I got it. WAAAAY faster than the S3. Only issue is the battery full notifications that cant be shut off that beeps every 2 minutes if still plugged in. And battery life on the G3 is 1000 times better than the S3. My S3 I'd have to plug it in at work around 6pm (usually off the charger in the morning at 11am) when its down to 30-40%. Hell today the G3 was at 85% and it was on the charger last time Friday around 11am. Forgot to put it on the charger last night.

US Cellular actually sent me an email a week after dumping them asking "lets make up".:crackup: Should had sent them an email back saying only if I get unlimited data, text and voice; upgrade phones every 12 months with NO contract all for $10/month for as long as I want. Then I'll think of it.:D