Cops tv cameraman killed.

Discussion in 'General' started by noles19, Aug 27, 2014.

1. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

2. ACDNate

ACDNate Well-Known Member

They had a pretty good record going for 25yrs.

3. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I've only seen the show a handful of times. Never saw a shootout. Does it happen often?

4. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Not really, only a handful of times. But car accidents, drugged up guys waving guns, knives. Lots of wrestling with people running with only one cop and the camera man had to step in when the cop was getting over powered.

5. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

I decided to stop watching the show after a midget tried break out of his handcuffs by sheer force.......decided it could never be better than that.

6. lawdog359

lawdog359 Well-Known Member

My all time favorite episode was from Florida. Crack head on a bike takes off running, and the cop that chased him had one leg... well he had two, but one was prosthetic. Cop catches crackhead and wears him out all the way back to the car "man, you just got run down by a one-legged white dude" Crackhead hangs head in shame.

7. dickie doo

dickie doo Well-Known Member

"Bryce Dion, was shot and killed by friendly fire." Very sad. RIP

8. Rob P

Rob P Well-Known Member

Who was white, black and Hispanic. Can't follow if I don't know the players.

9. lawdog359

lawdog359 Well-Known Member

All the clues are in the post. "one-legged white dude" would be the cop that was listed w/ one leg. Because the one legged white cop pointed out to the crackhead that he (the cop) was white, that, and common stereotypes, would imply that the crackhead wasn't white. Since the topic was "running fast", a trait stereotypically given to blacks, that would further imply that the crackhead was black.

Humor is SO much less funny when you have to explain the joke.

10. Rob P

Rob P Well-Known Member

I'm talking about the other episode, you know the one with the cops and robbers and camera crew, totally different!

11. sdg

sdg *

Actually, that's pretty funny.

12. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Wasn't that the same one that was doing cartwheels and climbed a lamp post? That was the best!

13. bajakirch

bajakirch ^Not what you think

OK, I have a confession to make...COPS is my favorite TV show. Seriously. I actually have a security question on a particular website that asks, "What is your favorite TV show?" and my answer is COPS. I have literally watched every episode, even the ones going back to the first season in '89. Very different show back then -- they followed 1 cop home and we got to watch while his wife bitched at him about not paying enough attention to her while he watched TV and drank beer.

First, immensely sad to hear about the shooting...especially if it was a friendly fire situation. Condolences go out to his family. But, as was mentioned previously, it's not surprising that something like this hasn't happened before. The closest I recall was when a squad with a COPS crew got T-boned responding to a call.

The crew guys are usually pretty good about staying out of the action; or at least the editing makes it seem that way. I recall the situation where a crew member did help out an officer who was losing in a ground fight. Another time a sound guy dropped his mike and helped an officer do CPR -- it turned out the sound guy was a former EMT.

Favorite scenes that I can recall right now:

- The midg...er, 'little person' was classic. I think they may have gotten 2 episodes out of that guy.

- The Des Moines cop that tried following a guy down a railroad track and ended up high-centering the squad on the tracks...with a train coming. That guy damn near panicked until they realized the train was on a different track.

- Perp jumps down an embankment and the cop follows, not realizing it's about a 20-foot drop. The cop hit the ground and got knocked out. The camera guy focused in on the bad guy as he ran away from the snoring -- yes, snoring -- cop.

- A group of about 5 cops were wrestling with a suspect, trying to get him cuffed. An obviously grizzled road sergeant stepped in, cigarette dangling from the corner of his mouth, and threw cuffs on the guy in about 2 seconds -- CLICK/CLICK! Never even lost the ash from his smoke.

- The amputee cop that chased down the runner -- another classic.

- A giant guy started fighting as 2 officers were trying to handcuff him. They were like, "Screw this, we ain't fighting with this 300-lb. giant," and tased him. He dropped like a sack of potatos. After they put the cuffs on, the bad guy says, "I been shot, I been stabbed; nothin's ever taken me down like that. I'm DONE." Taser International couldn't have gotten a better testimonial if they'd paid for it.

So yeah, I watch a lot of COPS.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2014
  14. BigBird

BigBird blah

Last edited: Aug 28, 2014
  15. dantheman

dantheman Yeah, it hurt.....

I watched all the time years ago. Best one for me? South Florida. They just did a sting operation on a coke dealer for a couple of kilos. They get one cuff on him and he takes off. He is a big body builder kind of guy, and they chase him all over some neighborhoods. He is some sort of martial arts fighter. Every time the cops pounced he would beat them off. Finally they release the hounds. They corner him in a backyard and when the camera arrives he's got one dog by the neck and doing spinning kicks on the other one. Crazy!

16. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

I saw an episode that the cops pulled over a drunk and stoned driver. The stoned man said he has never done any drugs while wearing a hat with a joint stuck on it!

RIP cameraman