Robin Williams

Discussion in 'General' started by Dave K, Aug 11, 2014.

1. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Still convinced this whole thing is the product of years of women he thought completely loved him slowly and methodically destroying him piece by piece. You'd think after the first 2 strikes he'd have learned but apparently he still had to go back to the well to drink for a 3rd time. After more than $30,000,000 fleeced from him from the first two, I'm pretty sure the 3rd knew he was an easy target. Had to go back to work because he was bankrupt from 2 leeches. What kind of life is that for someone. Not advocating suicide in any way shape or form, just disgusted with what can be allowed to happen to someone.

2. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

It wasn't "allowed" to happen. He could have been happy whackin it the rest of his days or just buying some ass when he wanted it. He made the choice to marry multiple women.

3. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

I was watching the press conference the other day and the sheriff was going over the details of his death with the reporters and I specifically remember hear him saying that toxicology could take up to 8 weeks to process. Then he stopped and asked if there were any questions. The very first question a reporter asked was, "What does the toxicology report say?" I thought the sheriff was going to pull out his gun and shoot the dumbass. I just shook my head. :crackup:

4. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

"Allowed" to be fleeced in family court for all his earnings and left nearly bankrupt.

5. Venom51

That wasn't "allowed" either. That's a risk he took when he signed up for marriage.

Shit just "happens" to people right? We are in no way a result of the decisions we make are we?

Last edited: Aug 13, 2014
  6. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

:up: :up: :up:

7. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

This has spawned a debate on suicide judging by articles I've seen the past couple days. Huffpost put up the question and there were over 4000 replies last I looked. Seems to be divided into people who know everything about everything and people who admit they don't.

8. Venom51

I'm on the "I just don't understand suicide." fence of the argument. Even my worst day so far in life hasn't in any way resulted in my thinking that taking myself off the planet voluntarily was worth it.

I can't speak intelligently about what might drive someone to that decision so I won't even try.

9. R Acree

R Acree Banned

The people who know everything about it are no longer with us. The rest are just speculating.

10. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

:beer:

11. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Technically, that's not entirely true. People have attempted suicide and come as close to death as humanly possible only to be saved by medical staff. I wouldn't call their testimony speculation.

12. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Technically, they don't know everything about it, or they would have succeeded. Granted, they would be more informed than your typical academic, or web educated amateur psychologist.

13. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I thought we were discussing the reasons that push someone to do it, not the mechanics of killing yourself.

14. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Reasons can be both simple and complicated. IMHO, the younger the person is, the more simple the reason - bullying, not fitting in, breakups etc. - more often more emotionally driven. Expected because emotions tend to be more intense at a younger age and the experience to deal with disappointment and take a long view not as developed.

IMHO, the older the suicide, the more likely there has been a lifelong battle with <insert condition here>.

How's that for a non-professional guess?

15. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I wouldn't disagree with that, in my non-professional opinion.

16. racing+life

racing+life Well-Known Member

It's a fleecing. You start a business. After 10 years it's worth 10mil. Wife has nothing to do with it's growth. You have key people that made it happen. She files for divorce and gets have of what everybody worked for.

17. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

Stay single my friend! :)

18. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

RIP Mr.Williams...he always reminded my sisters and myself of our dad,and we always enjoyed M+M and his movies growing up.Depression is a bitch!!! Poor fella:( Nanu Nanu

19. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Last edited: Aug 14, 2014
  20. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

:stupid: