Sniper

Discussion in 'General' started by number35, Dec 16, 2003.

1. number35

number35 Banned

Well, I found the ultimate ebay tool. A fricking bid sniper. This program, which is sometimes free, sometimes not, actually waits until the last seconds, and puts your bid in. No reason to wait infront of the computer. You can set it up for any amount of time to place your bid. Only thing I can do is say SWeeeeeeeeet :D I'm already in process of sniping some shit :D Hey, people do it to me. Fuck em' :beer:

2. Roach

Roach Yamaha Catapult Tester

There's like 10 online automated sniping services, and also desktop tools that bid for you.

As for sniping ... why wouldn't you? It's the smartest way to bid. Bidding early does nothing for you but allow "nibblers" trying to low-ball an item to bid up the price (often not reaching your max bid). Bid the most you're honestly willing to pay in the last 10 seconds (manually or using one of the services or even desktop software), no one can react to your bid, and the "nibblers" won't bid the price up before that (they always bid in single increments until they are the top bidder).

- Roach

3. number35

number35 Banned

I've always just bid the most I'm willing to pay from the get go. I don't monitor the auctions. I just bid when I find it, and if I lose, oh well. This sniper program is the next best thing to me. But then again, I'm entertained easily :D Wish they had something like this for monitoring key words. For instance, I'm looking for the following helmet, that is not being auctioned anywhere online..

Arai Rx7 Corsair-McCoy Size M

I wish there were programs out there that checked every few hours automatically to see if anyone lists it or something similar. I hate having to go thru page after page of crap, and the search function doesn't always find what your are looking for, even if it is listed. Kind of like a real time updated search program, without opening a browser.

4. Dildo Dan, check your PM's.

5. Tank Boy

Tank Boy clank clank boom

I only use a sniper program when something ends when I'm away from the 'puter. Normally I prefer to manually snipe. Sometimes I can get it within the last 2 seconds.
    :cool:

Automated programs take all the fun and thrill of the hunt out of bidding.

James <-- Ebay junkie :p

6. RichardLesher

RichardLesher Well-Known Member

Me too. I try an wait till the last moment. So no one knows I am there. But once I bid I bid ONCE, and I bid my MAX, then walk away. I never get beat when I do that. If someone wants it that bad, then they can have it.