For the folks that still ride on the streets...

Discussion in 'General' started by PATBAROK, Jun 1, 2014.

1. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

I wear Kevlar jeans and a leather jacket.

2. BigBird

BigBird blah

:stupid:

I use Tourmaster overpants and a A* High Viz Jacket.

3. drybreak

drybreak Fuelish Boy

I always wear an armored jacket, gloves, boots. Just meeting friends at the local cantina, nothing thinner than Levis. Going riding, I wear full gear. When sport riding in the mountains, good weather, leathers. For touring, gore tex is hard to beat.

4. Speedo and some times a tank top with it, usually bright colors of course.

5. Joe Morris

Joe Morris Off The Reservation

Aerostich 1-piece.

6. skinny jeans rolled 1 cuff on the bottom, some stupid looking vintage brown dress shoes, $200 plaid shirt, messenger bag, brain bucket and a cigarette hanging out of my mouth. this is my attire for when i ride my cb350 that i cafe raced out by spray painting it black putting clubman bars on it.

7. TSC_113

TSC_113 Look At me!!!

Olympia Jacket and pants!

8. BigBird

BigBird blah

i know this as fact. :eek:

9. sonicnofadz

sonicnofadz Well-Known Member

I stopped wearing jeans when I crashed my bicycle doing 5 mph (riding wheelie, foot became stuck in frame, don't ask) knee contacted ground and jeans immediately burst open. Knee was bloody as hell and rashed to the bone. Figured this would have been much worse at 30-40 mph+

10. mattf

mattf Banned-a-lama-ding-dong.

Draggin' Jeans. My carpenters have gotta be closing in on a decade old. Awesome.

11. bullockcm

bullockcm Well-Known Member

Aerostich Roadcrafter 1pc primarly
    Teknic Sprint jacket and Firstgear air overpants
    Leathers sometimes just to make sure they still fit :)

Any sort of slide on an abrasive surface and jeans are gone in about a blink of an eye it seems. Textile gear is great for everyday riding. A number of friends/brothers have unfortunatly had a variety of crashes(deer, rear ended, t boned, own stupidty, etc) and textile gear does its job although it is typically sacrifical and a one shot deal.

12. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

I would think something like this or the cheaper tourmaster stuff would be ideal for riding on the street. An armored Stitch is over a grand these days. The tourmaster stuff is less than 1/2 that.

13. bitchcakes

bitchcakes reluctant member

The jeans usually end up doing better than the skin beneath them. I have wiped out several times with large patches of hip/knee rash and almost no damage to the jeans. How this is even possible remains a mystery of motorcycle crashing.

14. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Whatever jeans you get, make sure they have rear pocket flaps and the rear pockets are bedazzled.

15. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

plus the potential for 400 lbs. of hot motorcycle on top of you...

I'm glad the OP asked this question though. I am in need of some commuting pants.

For now, I really may be wearing full leathers, and then just trying to get as much sweat off myself as possible before work.

16. Joe Morris

Joe Morris Off The Reservation

Yep, crazy expensive. I bought mine in 1997 and I'm still wearing it. The longevity and versatility are the only things that make that pricetag seem somewhat more reasonable now. But I'd choke on the new price all over again if I had to replace it tomorrow.

17. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

All I ride on the street anymore is my Zuma. I'm a total squid. I rode to work in shorts, a polo, and flip flops the other day (and a full face helmet).

18. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

I've crashed twice on the street.Once at like 50 in the mountains while braking for a stop sign I hit a dirty patch of road. Slammed straight to the floor. Hit my head pretty damn good

The other time I low sided and slammed into a guardrail at nearly 100 while riding like an idiot in the mountains.

BOTH times I was wearing full leathers. Not a mark on me except the broken bones. I will not ride anything more than a ruckus/zuma on the street without a full leather suit on

19. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

What if you commuted on your bike instead of just riding for fun?

20. SBKBee

SBKBee Owner: FZ hotel