1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Positive Review! TJ @ Riders Discount.

Discussion in 'General' started by Captain Poo Poo Pants III, May 12, 2014.

1. i tend to spout a lot of bullshit and jump down peoples throats about piss poor customer service so i figured i would at the very minimum say something positive about the recent customer service that TJ @ Riders Discount has provided.

after my debacle with my suit and when i got over myself (i'm pretty stubborn), i got with TJ to order new gear. after talking with him about sizing on a Alpinestars Atem suit, Alpinestars Supertech R's and Alpinestars GP Pro gloves, it was all ordered on a Tuesday. it showed up at my door on Saturday. it all fits exactly how it should.

i would say that these have been the easiest transactions i've ever had to do. this morning i sent a couple quick PM's and then he sends me a paypal invoice for the remainder of stuff i needed for my bike.

so thanks again TJ! they've earned my business for life.

side note: while none of this needed to be said because we all knew it already, i figured i would say something positive for a change.

2. Riders Discount

Riders Discount 866-931-6644 ext 817

Thank you sir

3. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Was this off-the-rack?

4. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

TJ picks his nose and flicks boogers.

5. yep. size 50/60 in the Atem. the Monza i had tried on was a 58 but from what TJ said it's more of an upright suit and not a complete race cut so i needed to go the next size up in the Atem.

the Atem is a little baggy in the legs and if i'm standing straight up the chest protector i wear makes it look a little funny but it fits damn good. happy as all hell i went this route. if i ever really care i'll have someone take the legs in a little since i figure once the suit is broken in it'll probably get a bit looser.

6. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I was asking because this makes it sound like your unpleasant experience with the other guy was even more of a waste.

7. 100%. i went down that road thinking i HAD to do it and it turns out i jumped the gun and should of done some more research/asked more questions.

i had looked at all the major brands initially, did some quick measurements with no back/chest protector and i was like whoa those are way way to baggy in the chest, no way will i fit those. my lack of experience with this stuff bit me in the ass honestly. after trying on a lower end alpinestars suit at a friends house with his back protector on, i re-measured myself and the measurements were almost spot on.

hindsight is 20/20 and i wasted a lot of energy on that other situation. oh well. i'm just glad it all worked out and that there are honest, hard working, dependable people around.

8. trispdtrip

trispdtrip Poor, Fat, Slow Racer

Sweet! :up:

Now go race!!! :D:D

9. No! I want to sit around and talk about it some more. I also like having a statue in my garage that I never ride.

haha. come over in a couple hours and lets set the suspension on this thing.

10. Pigman

Pigman Well-Known Member

Always a pleasure doing business wit RD......so easy. Call ask for a part, PO is sent out and then its at my door a day or two later.... ahhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaa all done

11. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

hey, i have one of those. its the coolest! all the cool kids are doing it.

also TJ is rad and makes life easy for things.

12. Shyster d'Oil

Shyster d'Oil Gerard Frommage

TJ and Riders Discount have always been awesone!

13. 12v_dub

12v_dub Well-Known Member

TJ is the man! I feel bad sometimes, for constantly bugging the guy ! lol

14. Matt399

Matt399 Well-Known Member

+1. I've purchased a suit, gloves, jacket, & multiple helmets from TJ. Awesome prices, awesome customer service, & a company that supports the sport makes it an easy decision.:up:

15. turbulence

turbulence Well-Known Member

i just bought some stuff today... easy peasy and great prices!

16. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

Good on ya for the positive vibes man. TJ and RD get my vote everytime

17. GrayGhost

GrayGhost Well-Known Member

18. nitto182

nitto182 Well-Known Member

I always do a little roll in the pits before my first outing in a new suit. Makes that first meeting with asphalt a little less hard on the feelings.. just me??

19. Dragginass

Dragginass Well-Known Member

TJ gets it done!

20. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Another happy customer. I'm always amazed at the great pricing they offer.

One thing though; the lady that does the phone message recording - she's awfully........"breathy" (is that a word?).