1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How low can you go.....

Discussion in 'General' started by TLR67, Apr 22, 2014.

1. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

So my Grandmother passed yesterday and the Obuituary came out today in Louisville Ky. Someone actually called my Grandfather telling him he was me and he needed money to get out of trouble.... He is 98 and knew it wasnt me. Luckily my mother grabbed the phone and asked a couple questions and he hung up.... Just amazes me the scum thats out there today... Headed up there tonight... I would love to track this Bastard down...:Off:

2. duck62

duck62 V7 Scooter

I am sorry for your loss.

That is worse than scum!

3. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

They have caller id and have the number?

4. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

First thing I asked my Mom.... She is pretty overwhelmed at this point .. She said she didnt want to deal with it...

5. JTW

JTW Well-Known Member

Sorry for your loss

6. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Sorry for your loss and sorry that this happened in my hometown.

Let me know if you need anything while you're here. We are typically a very friendly town.

7. ROSS08

ROSS08 Active Member

Some of these same d-bags will watch the obits so they can pay a visit to the deceased's home while everyone is at the funeral.Pure scum.

8. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Oh I know.... I was born there and lived there....:up: I love Louisville... My Dad still lives there in the same house I grew up in... Ever hear of Ehrlers Dairy? That is my Grandfather....

9. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Simply Sad......

10. jeffr1ey

jeffr1ey Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear Marc. All the best to you and your family.

11. BigBird

BigBird blah

Sorry to hear...RIP Grandma

12. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

It's a well known type of scam. The was a report on it in the news over here. Some people have no shame taking advantage of seniors and it's disgusting. Sorry for your loss.

13. Steady T

Steady T Xaus Power

Sorry for your loss, MP.

That shitbird needs a boot party.

14. Stirz

Stirz Makes my butt look big

It happens more often than you'd think. When my brother passed away, my folks had a friend stay at their house and sure enough, someone came up the (1/4 mile) driveway and knocked on the door claiming to be looking for some 'person' while we were at the funeral. They live in an isolated area and never get 'random' visitors....had no one been at the house, I'm sure they would have been hit. "Pure scum" is generous IMO.

15. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

RIP Grandma, sorry for your loss. There are all kind of scams, they get the info from the obituary. Car salesmen see an elderly man passed away, call the wife and ask if Harry is home. She says no he just passed, sales guy says he was in here last month, knew he was ill, and wanted you in a nice new safe car after he dies.

16. mtmansl

mtmansl Well-Known Member

Sorry for your loss...:(

17. xrated

xrated Well-Known Member

Marc.......Deepest condolences to you and your family......

Vern and Peg!

18. Derrick1

Derrick1 Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear, Marc.

19. Spitz

Spitz Well-Known Member

Shoulda let him break in and shoot the bastard in both legs.

20. BSA43

BSA43 Well-Known Member

FIFY.