1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just a bit of an over-reaction?

Discussion in 'General' started by In Your Corner, Apr 17, 2014.

1. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Reservoir to be flushed because of urinating teen

PORTLAND, Ore. — The mix of 38 million gallons of treated water and one teen’s urine has proven unacceptable to Portland officials who plan to flush away the whole lot — the second time in less than three years the city has gone to such lengths to keep its water pure.

In June 2011, the city drained a 7.5 million-gallon reservoir at Mount Tabor in southeast Portland after a man urinated in the water supply. This time, water from a different reservoir at the same location will be discarded after a 19-year-old was videotaped in the act of urinating.

2. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

That's funny, don't they know fish are fucking in it?

3. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I hope they charge the kid for the water.

4. tophyr

tophyr Grid Filler

That's the most retarded thing I've ever read. GG Portland.

5. Stirz

Stirz Makes my butt look big

I guarantee that was not finished drinking water, as open reservoirs do not meet the standard for finished water storage. (I do this kind of work for a living). Really no different from lake water as far as disinfection requirements before going into the distribution system. Totally unnecessary and a waste of resources.

6. theJrod

theJrod Well-Known Member

Hell I'd drink it.

7. bored&stroked

bored&stroked Disclaimer: Can't spell

Yeah don't worry about the other people peeing in it, just worry about the single one actually video taped doing it. Let me guess, he's now a convicted sexual predator for pulling it out in public too?

8. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

I can feel my water bill going up.

Is this the one right in the middle of the park? I can't figure out why they let you get so close to that one. You don't even have to get out of your car to piss in it.

9. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Your watersport habits are known beeb-wide. R Kelly Fan are you?

10. ACDNate

ACDNate Well-Known Member

Why do they have treated water in an open reservoir in the first place???

11. RubberChicken

RubberChicken PimpMasterT

I guess the thousands of birds that sh*t and piss in it don't count as much as one wasted skater peeing in it?

12. Stirz

Probably what is termed 'pretreated', meaning it may have gone through a sedimentation/prescreening process to remove solids (sand, silt, 'floaties'), but not 'treated', as in ready to drink. I think it is probably raw water storage, not treated water storage (using industry terminology).

13. Stirz

Exactly my point. It appears the terminology was misused to make it seem worse than it actually is.

14. styles

styles The untrained eye

Somebody must be a germaphobe.

15. LabRat

LabRat Well-Known Member

So he peed once... Pour a gallon of bleach in it and it is good!

Dilution is the solution!

16. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Yeah and the deer and all the other wildlife don't pee in it either. :cool:

17. CRA_Fizzer

CRA_Fizzer Honking at putter!

No way that is finished drinking water. It was green for crying out loud!

18. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

Just dumb.

19. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

They actually found a dead deer in it a year or two ago.

Everyone of my neighbors freaked out about it and ran out and bought all the bottles water they could fine. I was laughing too hard to try and explain to them that our neighborhood was served by the other water district.

20. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

Wow. 8 oz of piss (which is 95% water) in 38 million gallons of water. Rough calculations indicate that this would be 0.1 grams of urea plus some minerals in 38 million gallons of water. The people who made then decision to dump the water are not qualified to manage a lemonade stand...