1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I got owned by Bradley Smith

Discussion in 'General' started by CRA_Fizzer, Apr 17, 2014.

1. styles

styles The untrained eye

All that was missing was him calling you a wanker

2. ACDNate

ACDNate Well-Known Member

3. supercarl

supercarl AKA The Pool Boy

So Great hahahahaha!

4. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

Hahaha. That was great. He's kind of a quiet dude, and he just gets on with his job with no bullshit. Herve has a great eye for spotting talent, I don't know why people think they know better than he does.

5. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Herve himself was having second thoughts during Smith's final year on the Moto2 bike.

6. SGVRider

I know he was, but he got himself into a contract he couldn't get himself out of. I think that whatever buyer's remorse Herve might have felt has been erased by Smith's recent performance. Dude can ride, he might never be a front runner but 90% of riders aren't.

I think a lot of the Bradley criticism came from comparisons to Marc. El Joker is a once in 20 years freak, you can't use him as a benchmark.

7. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

Has anyone had any decent results on the Tech3 Moto2 bike?

8. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

That was awesome. I am a Smith fan now just because of that video.

9. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

No.

10. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Puttin' on the ritz.

11. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Don't get me wrong, I think he had a strong second half last year and is looking downright fantastic this year. I'm just saying that everyone had some serious doubts two years ago, including Herve.

None that I can remember.

12. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

I really like the kid. He writes a blog on crash and I appreciate the insight he brings however, unless he starts pulling in results like Cal and Dovi it will be pretty much a step backwards for Tech 3 Moto GP.

With that said I really hope he improves!

13. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I haven't seen anything to make me think he's as good as either one of them, but he's definitely better than I used to think. That said, I think he should be compared to other people riding Yamahas this year.

14. I think it's gonna be a little tougher for Tech 3 this year than last, through no fault of their own. The Ducatis have gotten stronger, and Espagaro is strong on the Open Yamaha (Herve can't be thrilled about that). Plus, Rossi is a bit stronger this year than last. Both the Tech 3 riders are riding really well, but podiums will be harder to come by.

Cool video, BTW.

15. SGVRider

Crutchlow didn't do well his first season. He didn't start going like stink until his third year. IMO Dovi is a better rider than anyone on the grid excepting the boys on the factory Yamahas and Hondas. I haven't see anything to suggest that he's as good as either of them, but Crutchlow in early 2012 wasn't the rider that he is now.

16. HPPT

HPPT !!!

What Crutchlow did before graduating to MotoGP impressed me more than what Bradley Smith did on his way up to the class. I've been watching him since the BSB years. That's why I'm thinking Smith may not be as good. I wasn't even comparing him to Crutchlow's last couple of years.

17. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

Not sure I agree with that as there are still only four bikes capable of winning, just the same as when Cal and Dovi were riding for Tech 3.

18. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

<pause> Arrghhh.

19. HPPT

HPPT !!!

When Dovi and Cal were teammates and regularly fighting for podiums, I think they had a little less competition for those spots.

20. The Great One

The Great One Well-Known Member

There are currently 4 riders capable of winning. Those satellite Hondas and Yamahas aren't very much different than what the factory guys are using, especially at this point in the season. I think it's a pretty safe bet that if Marquez and Bradl switched bikes, the results wouldn't change.