1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Continental’s Conti Race tires

Discussion in 'Tech' started by Houston hb, Apr 8, 2014.

1. Houston hb

Houston hb Well-Known Member

Just wondering if anybody had done any races on this brand or have any feedback?

2. stalemate27

stalemate27 Banned

Pretty much everyone I know that tried them quickly switched back to another tire

3. ruckusracing

ruckusracing Well-Known Member

Would like to know more as well, friend of mine is racing in South America and they just went to a spec tire....the Continentals. He asked me about them, I suggested to ask the beep.

4. kanatuna

kanatuna You can't polish a turd..

I ran them on my EX500/650R and then for a short while on my SV650. I tried them on my R6 at the time as well but didnt like them on the larger bike. They were great on smaller displacement bikes though. And at the time Conti paid contingency....it was a good year.

5. gixxie750

gixxie750 Well-Known Member

I really liked them. I did a full season and won a couple novice races on them. They grip great....BUT you must be ON throttle to get the grip. I felt like they would slide/float mid corner unless you were on gas or at least + throttle of some sort. They did pay out really well and I enjoyed them. This was 2010 is so I have no idea on current line of tires.

6. ruckusracing

ruckusracing Well-Known Member

What pressures...hot/cold?

7. kanatuna

kanatuna You can't polish a turd..

I ran 33f 31r.... Lower if I needed more feel.

8. vosnick52

vosnick52 Well-Known Member

I ran them in 2010 on a triumph 675.
    Those tires did NOT like to be heated up on the warmers.
    Hotter they got the less grip I had.

9. sonicnofadz

sonicnofadz Well-Known Member

Sounds like the front sucked. Bridgestone R10's are like this (have to gas it or the front just slides).