1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Deal o No Deal?

Discussion in 'General' started by panthercity, Apr 2, 2014.

1. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

2. Spyderchick

Spyderchick Leather Goddess

It's dead sexy. Is that a good price for your area?

3. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

4. Tristan

Be careful on the test ride... looks like armor all on tires

5. NickyZ

NickyZ Well-Known Member

How's the power on the 796? And by "power," I mean does it compare to the older air cooled, big engine hypers? I rode one of the original models and loved it.

6. Tristan

pull pop new was only 9995

7. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

OK. thanks folks. Looks like a buyer that is sure since he owned it and took care of it that it's worth a premium.

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yeah not a great deal but it does look pristine and bone stock. Seller is going to be disappointed tho.

9. StanTheMan

StanTheMan Well-Known Member

If you're interested in the bike, call him and quote him the numbers from KBB, and see if he'll change his position a bit, price-wise. Good luck.

10. bullockcm

bullockcm Well-Known Member

What everybody else said. That is high for a 796, I have seen 1100's with the nice/typical Ducati mods for 1-2 thousand more in equally as nice condition.

11. Jack Brock

Jack Brock Well-Known Member

Assuming you meant seller. If so, I'd argue that most Ducati owners take very good care of the bikes, so the book values should reflect what a damn nice one goes for.

12. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

I wished it worked that way in the real world (or at least Ducati world).

My friend traded his 2007 ST3 in perfect condition with...ready for this...1700 miles on it towards his new KTM 1190 at the Ducati/KTM dealer two weeks ago. The ST3 had all of the goodies that you can expect; Corbin, Termi's etc. The Ducati Saddlebags had never been mounted. Still brand new in the box.

He got less than book for the ST3 because only a very particular person wants an ST3. He tried a couple of dealers and got the same spiel.

Maybe used Hyper's have a better turnover rate at the dealer.

13. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Well............ If it would have been really easy to sell, he probably would have sold it instead of trading it in, right?

14. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

He's one of those people that doesn't want to have to deal with selling it himself. FWIW, I did comps for him before the deal and the ST3's with much higher mileage where bringing $5-7.5K.

If I recall the dealer gave him $4100 towards the trade-in on the KTM then knocked $1000 off the new bike list. Would he have knocked off the $1000 if there was no trade-in? Who knows. So you might say he got $5100 for the Duc.

Just a beautiful ST3. It was basically a brand new bike.

15. RoadRacerX

RoadRacerX Jesus Freak

Damn, those bikes are dead sexy! Go for it Bob! :up:

16. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

:eek: