Helmet dryers???

Discussion in 'General' started by vinnyb123, Mar 17, 2014.

1. vinnyb123

vinnyb123 Well-Known Member

Who has them and do you recommend a certain brand?

2. bajakirch

bajakirch ^Not what you think

I've got a Peet that I use as a shoe, boot, glove and helmet dryer.

Works great and I think it cost me something like $35.

3. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

4. S3aturnR

S3aturnR certified idiot

i got a $12 fan at home depot that i can turn horizontal and just set my helmet on it. works pretty well...

edit: ha! what TurboBlew has...

s3aturnr

5. vinnyb123

Glad I asked... Saved me some $$$$ I was looking at the ones for $100.. At least now I can have it do double duty. You guys rock!:up:

6. A.R.K.

A.R.K. Well-Known Member

Same fan with a milk crate. Works just fine.

[​IMG]

7. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

8. AZ-MilleR

AZ-MilleR Well-Known Member

I use the same fan, very important when you live in AZ. As soon as I come off the track it's on that fan. Usually after last session/race I'll pack everything else and do it last, it is usually dry by the time I am ready to head out. I also usually put my gloves in through the visor opening and they get dried at the same time.

9. MAZZ77X

MAZZ77X Well-Known Member

Get yourself a Hang-Dry from Adrenaline City Racing.

It will dry your helmet, suit, gloves, and boots and will become invaluable to you once you use it.
    Never have a smelly gear again.
    Really is one of those products you can't live with out. Wish I got ours years ago!

10. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

11. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Get a spare helmet. Alternate them.

12. RubberChicken

RubberChicken PimpMasterT

[​IMG]

This. I use a Hang-Dry for my suit, and this little fan for my helmet. I actually keep three of these fans in my trailer. My kids used them at college and donated them to the race effort when they graduated.

Another trick to keep your helmet smelling nice: Wipe the inside with a Downy dryer sheet. Don't leave the sheet in there, the smell gets TOO nice. Just store the sheet in a ZipLoc bag, and wipe the DRY helmet line before storage, and it will smell fresh for many years. The odor of year-old sweat will gag you on your first Spring ride.:Puke:

13. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

I am thinking about getting some small fans and running them off of a couple is solar panels.

14. Those Turbo fans work great. Can't remember the name, but they have them at Lowes for like $50. Dries my helmet in about 5-10min.

15. 1dwn5up

1dwn5up Well-Known Member

Vornado?

16. vinnyb123

Fans are ordered! Thanks!

17. zippytech

zippytech Running On Pumpedupness!!

18. Fencer

Fencer Well-Known Member

We had some Christmas yard inflatables give up the ghost this year.
    The blower fans still work, but not well enough to keep the decoration fully erect or the decoration had a hole letting air out.

So between the Christmas and Halloween stuff, I have made a boot dryer, helmet dryer and suit blower.

All free and work great.

19. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

Or get a wetsuit dryer for a 1/4 the price.
    :up:

20. crepitus

crepitus I gots nuthin

Have three of those as well. They're nice cause they're easy to throw in with your gear and can turn vertical with a good amount of air for their size. You can also get them at Lowes/Target/Walmart/HomeDepot/Amazon on the cheap.