Daytona 200 live streaming via FansChoice.tv

Discussion in 'General' started by LukeLucky, Mar 10, 2014.

1. racerdude413

racerdude413 Well-Known Member

http://origin.fanschoice.tv/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=61&Itemid=631

it says:

The part that scares me is this

As a special feature, the AMA Pro content from Daytona Beach will also include the option to watch the live racing in a “produced” format

I guess that means some of the races will just be a bunch of cameras you can look at without any commantary or knowing whats going on?

It does say all 3 classes but doesn;t say anything about qualifing or practice, also the coverage for AMA says its on March 15th , but there are races on friday the 14th... no clue if the friday races will be broadcast?

Last edited: Mar 12, 2014
  2. Tdub

Tdub Say what???

DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. (March 12, 2014) - Motorcycle races at Daytona. Sports cars at Watkins Glen. Modifieds at Langley.

For race fans, if they couldn't make it to the track and the event didn't have television coverage, there hasn't been an option to watch all the action. Until now.

AMA Pro Racing, IMSA and NASCAR announced today the launch of FansChoice.tv, a ground-breaking collaborative digital platform that will live stream various races not covered by broadcast television, giving fans new opportunities to follow their favorite series. It also will enhance fans viewing experience at the track with the ability to watch multiple cameras on their tablet or mobile device, and access archived broadcasts on demand.

The site's first on-track coverage will be AMA Pro Flat Track racing on Thursday from the quarter-mile dirt oval at Daytona International Speedway. Coverage of DAYTONA 200 Week will continue with both AMA Pro Flat Track and AMA Pro Road Racing Divisions on Friday, and will conclude with the 73rd running of Daytona 200 for AMA Pro Road Racing set for Saturday at 1 p.m.

FansChoice.tv will be the official home for AMA Pro Road Racing and AMA Pro Flat Track events in 2014. The site also will provide coverage of selected IMSA and NASCAR's touring and weekly series events.

"This is a great opportunity to bring all the action from the track right to the fans," said Michael Gentry, chief operating officer for AMA Pro Racing. "FansChoice.tv is a revolutionary platform that gives race fans all over the world unprecedented access to watch their favorite series wherever we race. This is fantastic news for all of our AMA Pro Road Racing and AMA Pro Flat Track fans."

FansChoice.tv is a free site that puts fans in the director's chair, allowing them to choose from multiple viewpoints alongside Live Timing & Scoring data and audio commentary from the track's PA system. During selected AMA Pro events, produced streaming coverage of race sessions will be offered as an added bonus to the fans.

3. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

I hope this doesn't mean that they are just like static surveillance kind of cameras just stood up and pointed at few spots around the track not actually following the action. That is going to be painful to watch.

4. bajakirch

bajakirch ^Not what you think

Am I glad there finally seems to be some form of broadcasting for AMA Pro this year? Yes.

Am I happy that, for the time-being at least, it appears to be free. Yes.

Am I absolutely befuddled that DMG couldn't get their shit together any sooner than 24 HOURS BEFORE RACING BEGINS? Yes.

So, if I'm reading this correctly, they're setting up a bunch of cameras around the track and they're going to pipe in the track announcer's commentary.

Well, it's something...

5. yooperbikemike

yooperbikemike Well-Known Member

Scott Russell and Barry Boone.

6. yooperbikemike

yooperbikemike Well-Known Member

7. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

8. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

9. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

Yea, It will be nice to see the ama flat track also. I never had any coverage for those in my area. Glad I will be able to watch the ss class to. I feel this is good news and a step in rebuilding.

10. CRA_Fizzer

CRA_Fizzer Honking at putter!

Sounds encouraging! :beer::bow:

11. EnvyCycles

EnvyCycles D.RoD

Are the SBK and SS races being televised also?

12. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Watch that Youtube link yooperbikemike posted

13. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

Yes, along with the xr1200 class.

14. Steady T

Steady T Xaus Power

What if I don't have internet?

(this was an actual comment on the AMA Pro FB page)

15. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

^^ The guy that wrote this comment on their FB page is either a complete moron or a genius. Hard to tell these days...

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Well, on their behalf, lot of people hit FB on phones but don't have interwebs at their house and the like.

17. racerdude413

racerdude413 Well-Known Member

Respect to GW for the update, sad that DMG needs Greg to explain whats going on...

18. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

19. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

The difference being that if anything doesn't go just the way Greg said it would go AMA has deniability this way.

20. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Ya know what? I watch MotoGP only on the web. I'm ok with DMG going that route especially if it's free!