Tally

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by #156, Feb 20, 2014.

1. Blakester122

Blakester122 Well-Known Member

Haha Nah, Just super focused on where you wanted to be, that I didn't matter at the time. Just a little tunnel vision.

I appreciate that. I didn't want to Gault anyone. :D Hopefully my "team owner" will work something out with me and I'll see you back on the track soon.

2. footwork

footwork Honda Research Analyst

3. mmfoor

mmfoor Team Stupid!

It would appear to me that the number of waves isn't the issue, but the dangerous unpredictable riding of one of the participants. WERA has a plan for when a second wave is necessary which shouldn't be dictated by a goober on a race bike. One wave/two waves: if a guy rides like a dick shit's gonna happen....

you wanna have fun on a start? When I came back to racing in '05 I got a Kawi 636 and raced the meat grinder (600 novice). Now there is some T1 excitement! Sold the damn thing and got a HWT as I feared for my life! Of course I'm exaggerating, but riding that class is an eye opener. It's like those fockers are fast, but predictable, not so much!

Last edited: Feb 28, 2014
  4. boogiesg

boogiesg Well-Known Member

Lol, give me just a little bit longer. I want to be able to lie down on my bed without the bottle of advil and the fifth of something first.

5. james walker

james walker beat down, broken & busted

roger that, brother. heal up then come play with us for some 'crash practice'. :up:

sliding both wheels out from under you on a fiddy while you got it cranked over with the throttle pinned and saving it in a glorious shower of sparks is excellent practice that transfers over well to those slow GP bikes. :D

6. CharlieY

CharlieY Well-Known Member

If you dont get by him at the start, it can screw your whole race Buff.

I've heard from a few people, John Cook included, that if they show up and Gault is there, they are turning around and going home....that it just isnt worth it.

Tough call, no doubt.

7. Duck150

Duck150 Well-Known Member

I would not turn around and go home over 1 person, we need to make him aware of his actions. Maybe he needs a good rider to help him, or go to a good riders class for more than half day. He is out there while some guys are sitting on there butts at home so lets try to say something sooner if we see this type of action and help................:beer:

8. CharlieY

CharlieY Well-Known Member

Doug, I'm just stating what I was told...not insinuating at all what you would or should do.

The logistics of it would really suk, but more than 1 person has stated that is what they would do.

As for me, I dont think I'd turn around...but then again, I havent been injured.

9. footwork

footwork Honda Research Analyst

Mark Morrow took the time at RRR this weekend to talk to CHarles and show him some lines and discuss in depth some do's and do not's. I do not know the particulars, Mark will fill us in but I do know Charles was aware he had some learning to do. I think that his awareness will be much better moving forward. Lets hear it RZRACER... shame my PVL finally failed in last practice after 12 years of service..... I would have been able to coax that 28 out of you before Sunday!

10. 83BSA

83BSA Well-Known Member

I was in several AHRMA races at Roebling in which Charles was riding and I passed him several times. When I saw him, he was a steady eddy -no issues for me. Thank you Mark Morrow and thank you Charles Gault.:up:

Now, would you like to hear how I beat Dave Sadowski Saturday and lost to him by 0.049 secs Sunday? ;) It was a LOT of fun.

Cheers,

Dave

11. mmfoor

mmfoor Team Stupid!

So how was Mr Gault's riding at RRR this past weekend? Sorry if I am still skeptical that a racer, after much track time, doesn't understand the fundamentals. If he hasn't figured out how to hold a line by now, he does not belong on the track, period.
    My 2 yr old grandchildren have learned to use the potty. They have not done a dump in their pants and asked what is a potty, where is the potty, or any other 'shit' for that matter.
    And if they do have an accident, surrounding folks can't get killed.
    Could he have killed someone at Tally? Damn straight. Almost did.
    Enough.

12. Moore007

Moore007 Well-Known Member

I must agree with Bowie. Even though I wasn't involved at RRR or Tally I wish I had just had a conversation with Charles some time ago and gone from there. I don't know if it would have changed anything and not sure if it was my place, and it would not have been easy but that's what I should have done.

13. Moore007

Moore007 Well-Known Member

Well, hell yes, we want a play by play. Sounds like great racing.:beer:

14. 71Norton

71Norton Well-Known Member

I really hate to say this in a public forum but Moore and Bowie are both making sense.

Although I bet they really hate to have to agree with each other.

15. BikerRoni

BikerRoni Well-Known Member

Gault should be assessed a fine or peanalty of some sort , like other race organizations would for " an unsafe " action on the track.
    I'll let my (lack of) entry fees do the talking , until this matter is resolved. I will not participate in any race he is entered. I suggest my fellow racers do the same. Maybe that will get the point across of how "unsafe" this guy really is.
    WERA officials have been made aware of previous incidents , at the time of the incident , and nothing was done.
    Sure the guy now knows what to do at Roebling, now, (maybe) but who is going to " hold his hand" at all the other tracks?
    Mandatory race school required at all tracks he is entered , until he " learns" how to hold a line?
    I'm just glad I wasn't a victim of being "Gaulted" and I feel for my fellow racers who have to deal , and most importantly , HEAL.

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Assessed a fine or penalty for something no one ever bothered to tell us was going on? Now we should do so based on internet chatter? Sorry but that's not how we or any organization I know of does things.

17. WERA33

WERA33 Well-Known Member

There's no way I would not race because Charles was entered
    In the same race. I'm glad Mark spent some time with him this
    weekend.

Wera has addressed the situation with Charles. I know riders will
    be watching for awhile.

Im looking foward to the next race and showing Wayne, Brian,Buff and Paul
    how you "do it" in V2!!

18. james walker

james walker beat down, broken & busted

well, old guys do have a lot in common.