1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What tool to use on caliper buckets?

Discussion in 'Tech' started by gixxie750, Feb 23, 2014.

1. gixxie750

gixxie750 Well-Known Member

Is there a tool to pull out or spin caliper buckets for cleaning? I would think it would be out there,but no luck. Thanks!

2. javyday

javyday Well-Known Member

3. gixxie750

yes like that! And hey we have the same race # lol

4. DaveB

DaveB Just Riding Around

5. doubleapex

doubleapex Well-Known Member

6. kanatuna

kanatuna You can't polish a turd..

I always blow them out with air... Never had one stick.

7. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Me too, but I think he just wants this tool so that he turn the piston to expose the backside of each of them when scrubbing the crud off of them with a brush when cleaning.

8. Black89

Black89 Well-Known Member

9. gixxie750

out of all the pads I change there is no way to clean them with air. These are for neglected street bikes and for me to perfect the gsxr brakes lol. I was told the key to gsxr brakes is cleaning and I needed a way to perfect it. this tool is tits!

10. RxRC

RxRC Well-Known Member

That doesn't make sense. We're talking about the removing pistons, right? I've always used compressed air and never had a problem.

11. gixxie750

no to pull them out a little and SPIN them to get to the trapped brake crap that builds up in sides. For pad install I rarely am bleeding brakes all the way out. this is just to clean buckets properly on a pad change.

12. RxRC

RxRC Well-Known Member

Okay. Looks like a useful tool.

13. simonburic

simonburic Runs Wide