1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tally

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by #156, Feb 20, 2014.

1. Moore007

Moore007 Well-Known Member

Mongo, I think you need to keep an eye on " that damn Bowie ". If you have a hard time pickin' him out he's usually in front of me.
    Seriously I'm really sorry to hear about the injuries. I'm aware of the rider we're speaking of and am always very careful . I must say he does have a problem making his way through corners in any sort of a reasonable race line.
    John, wait a while man. When you can take a deep breath decide then, we would hate to lose you for all sorts of reasons.
    :eek:

2. CharlieY

CharlieY Well-Known Member

After reading Davids post, care to share any other things Q has installed?....just between us, so I know what to look for, you know...:D

3. used2Bfast

used2Bfast Still healing

Wow. Of course I wasn't there.. But having watched that vid of Roebling and reading all the posts..its plain as day the guy has no idea what hes doing. He stood it up and went wide going out of 4(for no apparent reason)..then stood it up again on the inside, and went from one side of the track to the other setting up for 5. With absolutely zero consideration for the other riders around him. I'd personally hate to be put in a wheelchair for such stupidness. Hell, I'll go as far as to say thats some of the worst track riding I've ever seen.

The end

4. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

^ Agreed.

5. Moore007

Moore007 Well-Known Member

I could but, of course, I'd have to kill you. Just let me say " ejector button" and transponder catapult bouncy thing.:up:

6. james walker

james walker beat down, broken & busted

Did you guys finally implement that transponder thingy? You were taking about that idea way back when I raced. You should also look into to some sort of surface-to-Doug missile.

I was gonna say possibly some sort of James Bond type smoke screen or oil slick...but all vintage bikes come equipped with those already.

7. Jordan's Dad

Jordan's Dad Member

Worth the read

I hope neither John or his Mom would mind my sharing this (originally sent to Jack Houman):

From John's Mom

Hi Jack, I am John Cook’s Mom, Boo. John has broken ribs and one broken rib is brushing up against a lung. The lung is not punctured. A bone is broken in his thumb and he will have to wear a brace on it so the broken place will mend nicely. His right knee is a whole different story. An Orthopedic Sports Surgeon had images of it and there is too much fluid to know the exact damage. Could be his ACL. We don’t know when John will be discharged from the hospital. If and when he might be coming to our home in Rome, Ga.

We don’t believe he should be by himself in Warner Robins, Ga. John might have a different plan and we will let you know. We have the greatest Orthopedic sports Surgeon right here and we are real good friends and I can get him in at a moment’s notice. We shall see.

I want to thank you and all of the men that helped John Sat. Ya’ll are the greatest group and I want you to know that and how much his dad and I appreciate everything ya’ll did for John.

Thank you so much, Beverly, Boo…

8. boogiesg

boogiesg Well-Known Member

Walker was unable to avoid the bike sliding across the track when Gault hit Keith Bennett in turn 5 at Roebling in 2012.

My incident was in turn 1 at Roebling in June 2013. The same day Joe got hurt in practice.

Watch this video. The issue with Gault's riding "style" is evident throughout and especially on JackCam from about 1:13 to the crash at 1:40 He weaves when he rides like he's drunk. Never holds a line. He's not tired and getting sloppy at the end of the race either, it's the whole damn race. He's like some kind of gauntlet you have to contend with. Look at the riders avoiding him in turn 2, 3 and 4. They know to stay away. Keith never saw him coming, and James had no out. The same thing happened Saturday but I cannot take a hit from another rider like Keith Bennett can.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wA0a-91xiZg&feature=c4-overview&list=UUnRdbF6y8rxABaCHdvf03sA

Last edited: Feb 24, 2014
  9. Steve 976

Steve 976 Well-Known Member

Dang, what a mess.

I thought the Roebling wreck was bad in 2012.

10. CharlieY

CharlieY Well-Known Member

Yo John!....hey man, I was present and riding the EX I'm pretty sure. I also recall you going over to their pit hot as hell....Blake was there.

I was NOT present when Joe got hurt.

Would that be a third incident?????

Glad you are up and about somewhat sir.....at least not still in the hospital.

Heal up man.:up:

Last edited: Feb 24, 2014
  11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yeah I see what you mean, definitely bad move.

12. RZ Racer

RZ Racer It passed tech LAST time!

I see he's pre-entered for RRR this weekend w ahrma. I might see if I can find a chance to show him some better lines and have a friendly talk about not making erratic moves. I doubt the guy is actually TRYING to kill people out there. He probably just needs a few pointers.

13. RZ Racer

RZ Racer It passed tech LAST time!

Videos up in race report.

14. Blakester122

Blakester122 Well-Known Member

Kurt,

Thanks for making the race an true memorable event. I couldn't have asked for a better time out there. Hopefully I wasn't to squirrelly for you while I was riding. Haha. I never really know how much I an actually drifting in and out of my lines, but It's something I'm working on. But is was fun knowing you were back there and it was a load of fun trying to keep up after you passed me.

By the way. Great pass you made on me. I left a pretty decent hole for you and had a completely wrong gear and was bogging a little. Haha. Hopefully my race manager and I can sort something out and I can make it to the next race.

Cheers Kurt :beer:

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Thanks Mark, that's my guess too.

16. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

Sounds like some drama going on.

I do miss all you guys and really miss being at the track. With the nice weather this past weekend I saw many streetbikes out too and it was tough for me to not partake in my lifelong passion. :(

17. footwork

footwork Honda Research Analyst

yea Joe me too- I live near I-20 and all I heard were sport bikes hauling ass...
    I did not get out either damn it...

18. mmfoor

mmfoor Team Stupid!

Definitely some drama and I hate seeing guys get hurt. I fear that with all the track time the dude has, showing him lines and having a talk won't work. Some folks don't belong on the track; be it judgement, skill, whatever. He needs to take a step back and evaluate his skills. If he doesn't make the right decision I am confident it will be made for him.
    Joe, I know how hard this is reading about the start of the season. Last year I was at the track officiating and it killed me. I am in a better place this year. I had a good time doing the tech and grid gig at Tally. I will ride for the first time in a year at Tally in a month. Gonna take it real safe. If I'm OK I may dabble in racing but nowhere near the extent pre-crash. I got a 2-fiddy now so I won't be going fast even if I want to! Long as I am in front of Kesler!:D
    I am getting totally checked out. Got a neurologist appt and a pulmonary one as well. Just got the ribs x-rayed. If any doc has an issue I'm done.
    I talk too much, but Joe we are not giving up. Stay with it and I just bet great things are in store!

19. footwork

footwork Honda Research Analyst

completely agree! Time to evaluate what your doing out there. I remember the rule always being that if you caused (or were involved) in causing the red flag you do not get to restart the race. This may have been an old school Lyn Breckon rule but it sure seems like a good one.

20. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

Thanks Morris. If I ever get to the point where I could get back on the track it will probably be on a 250 as well. I'm done with worrying about jetting, bump starts, etc. I'll want a bike with a button on the bar that starts it and a 250 will certainly keep the speeds much lower than my past and current bikes.